PDA

View Full Version : Retitled: Well done

wye-ayeviator
21st May 2006, 08:04
Apparently you all got the wrong end of my stick and last night's thread was 'locked' by the Mods.

I hear that an RAF aircraft diverted to Newcastle last week with the pilot '"incapacitated" and that the navigator landed and requested medical services. I was not suggesting that anything untoward had taken place, merely wanting to pass on my congratulations to those involved!

Hoop Stress
21st May 2006, 08:42
So your thread was locked because you were trying to verify a rumour. I thought that rumours were the whole point behind this site, hence the name.

Am very confused?

Maple 01
21st May 2006, 08:57
However it's not 'The Lazy Journo's Rumour Network' and given the the way the press sensationalise anything to do with aviation in general and the military in particular, all 'requests for information' from people with little or no track record on the forum tend to be treated as 'fishing trips' until proven otherwise

wye-ayeviator
21st May 2006, 19:35
As no-one seems to know much, I'll just say that I hope the pilot is ok and that from what I've heard it sounds as though the rest of the crew did a good job.

WA

stiknruda
21st May 2006, 21:14
Heard the story last night from someone who knows and was frankly amazed and very impressed - AFC, perhaps?

FJJP
22nd May 2006, 20:42
What ac type?

PieWagon
22nd May 2006, 20:59
it was a dominie from cranwell on a fast jet nav training sortie to the north, nav instructor took control and landed it - well done

ratty1
23rd May 2006, 21:34
Anyone know the operating hours of the glider site to the SW of EGNT? Is this a quiz? Is this one of those competitions where you win a prize if you can guess the operating hours?

threepointonefour
24th May 2006, 21:56
What glider site?

ratty1
24th May 2006, 22:11
What glider site?

Dont you just hate it when people remove their posts?

rafloo
25th May 2006, 00:54
What post?