PDA

View Full Version : 170A

Alex 009
20th May 2006, 23:15
I hope I am not showing my ignorance here, but what is a 170A. I am going to be converting my CASA CPL and IR over to JAA later on and require a 170A.

ONEWORLD_86
21st May 2006, 00:06
The 170A is the pre IRT mock exam, usually conducted inhouse by the training school before you meet the man from the ministry.

Im not sure the exact process you will have to go through for a conversion though.

Whopity
21st May 2006, 22:44
The F170A is an end of course completion certificate that indicates that you have either been trained to the required standard, or in your case, have demonstrated that you meet the standard necessary to pass the test. It was developed to prevent CAA examiners from wasting their time testing candidates who had no chance of passing the test.

Alex 009
22nd May 2006, 07:49
Thanks both:ok:

DesiPilot
22nd May 2006, 07:59
Alex,

For CPL you are not required to fly with 170A approved FI/FE. For CPL the FI/FE can actually sign the paper work just on the basis of training required. All they are signing is that you have completed the required course and have met all the requirements for the CPL skill test. However, it is highly unlikely that an FI/FE will sign 170A without flying with you.

For IR you must fly with 170A approved FI/FE before he/she can sign your paper work.

In both cases it is like a mock skill test and will last for about 2-3 hours. I am sure your CPL/IR instructor will go over everything and will explain to you what an examiner is expecting from you for 170A.

Good luck.