PDA

View Full Version : RAF report writing software-anybody?

abbotyobs
20th May 2006, 06:06
Hi,
I am currently on exchange at the moment, and have failed miserably trying to get my in country HQ to send me OJAR software. I think the postman has been light fingered!
Does anybody have the OJAR report writing software that they could pm me, saves me having to drive 4 hours to my nearest headquarters.
Thanks

SirToppamHat
20th May 2006, 12:45
Check your PMs then email me and I should be able to sort it for you.

Regards

STH

SirToppamHat
20th May 2006, 13:35
abbotyobs

I think your email has gone wrong as it is now rejecting the stuff I have sent.

I am working on another way of getting it to you, but it may need to be snail mail I am afraid as I think OJAR v4 is about 17 MB in size.

STH

SirToppamHat
20th May 2006, 15:06
Unfortunately, the OJAR package is a number of files in separate directories and sub-directories adding up to around 17MB. I have had a look at the YouSendIt web site and it doesn't seem to support this.

I have packaged up a CD to send to abbotyobs, but it won't be posted until Monday and as he is not in the UK, it's likely to be Weds before he receives it.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Regards

STH

abbotyobs
20th May 2006, 15:08
In the end I did managed to receive the file via yousendit, so thanks very much and have a good weekend.
Cheers!

SirToppamHat
20th May 2006, 15:31
Abbotyobs

Err that doesn't make sense as I have only just sent it (as a RAR file for anyone who's interested). Is the clock different on your PC?

Regards

STH

Spurlash2
20th May 2006, 16:12
SirToppam
It was me wot did it. I PM'd and used the YouSendIt method. I had the same snags as yourself sending the 17Mb by conventional means, but the YouSendIt website did the job.
Apologies for 'stamping' on your efforts.:O

abbotyobs
20th May 2006, 16:36
I downloaded both just to be sure, so thanks to both of you.
Cheers

SirToppamHat
20th May 2006, 18:46
Spurlash

Thanks for sorting the mystery!

No snags - the important thing is that he got the info, and it was a waste of time because I learned about 'yousendit', and what to do next time.

Regards

STH

The Nr Fairy
21st May 2006, 07:15
Not software per se, but is this web site any use ?

http://www.dack.com/web/bull****.html

adr
21st May 2006, 15:55
Not software per se, but is this web site any use ?
http://www.dack.com/web/bull****.html
Thank you for that link. That's the best iteration of the bull**** generator I've ever seen, and the first I saw comprised an A4 sheet and a pair of dice. :E

adr

Strato Q
21st May 2006, 22:07
I am also in need of the latest version, could someone send it to me?

Zoom
23rd May 2006, 09:26
I saw a reference recently, possibly in the Torygraph, to a new book listing all of those fabled assessment statements such as 'I would not breed from this officer'. I'll try and find it for you but it sounds like just the thing you need. As it happens, Mrs Zoom is a teacher and she has just found a teacher-optimised website to help her in her report-writing. It's not witty or anything - well, her 4-year-olds wouldn't get the joke anyway.

6Z3
23rd May 2006, 09:55
...Mrs Zoom is a teacher and she has just found a teacher-optimised website to help her in her report-writing.
Zoom, if you have a link, I think Mrs 6Z3 might be grateful of Mrs Zoom's website. Perhaps PM if we're drifting from the thread.
Thanks