PDA

View Full Version : Nice chase Video

G-EDDS
19th May 2006, 11:47
Just thought I would share this excellently edited video, enjoy:ok:

http://www.wimp.com/thechase/

c-bert
19th May 2006, 12:39
Excellent vid. One can't help wondering why our French cousins seem to have so many videos on the internet compared to other air forces. :confused:

airborne_artist
19th May 2006, 12:55
Excellent vid. One can't help wondering why our French cousins seem to have so many videos on the internet compared to other air forces.

The French have clearly got time on their hands - then again, when did they last go to war with any chance of a score draw, let alone an away win?

ACW599
19th May 2006, 14:10
Nice video, and thanks for the link. Two questions:

1. Who is the vocalist on the song ("Push Me")?
2. Is the French AF any good? Or are they, as a retired Air Commodore opined in my hearing last week, "all mouth and no trousers"?

G-EDDS
19th May 2006, 15:05
1. Madonna.
2. Yes.

Edds

Captain Kirk
19th May 2006, 15:26
The FAF are a good bunch - they have a mixed bag of kit (but getting better - their EW kit and targetting pods are particularly impressive) and they fly their ac hard.

Anyone have a link to the low-flying vid that did the rounds recently - Jags, F1s and 2000s in Chad I think - I had it but seem to have deleted it somehow....doh!

Where R We?
19th May 2006, 15:38
Captain Kirk, you have a PM

Captain Kirk
19th May 2006, 15:54
WRW,

Thanks for that - cracking vid and I had not seen that one. I was actually after the one with Jags and M2000s in formation and over the sea. Any takers?

Captain Kirk
19th May 2006, 16:03
G-EDDS,

I just got around to watching the vid you posted - superb!

Now then PR/Corporate Comms boys - let's put something simliar together and put 30secs of it on TV/Cinema. That would put (one of) the RAF's core capabilities in the face of our public and drum up a queue at the Career's Office. No doubt it doesn't appeal to the current generation....:rolleyes:

batfink2
19th May 2006, 16:12
WRW,
Thanks for that - cracking vid and I had not seen that one. I was actually after the one with Jags and M2000s in formation and over the sea. Any takers?
The one with the Nirvana soundtrack? It think it's somewhere on this page (http://www.aircadetcentral.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3472)(along with Ze Germans)

Captain Kirk
19th May 2006, 16:30
er....nope! Some very interesting videos (some of it 'French') but nothing to do with ac!

Polikarpov
19th May 2006, 16:58
Capt'n Kirk - do you mean this one (http://www.drunkencat.com/media/1131925689/Extremely_Low_Altitude_Flying)?

:)

Edit: BTW - there's a high res version of "The Chase" available for download it's about 150Mb but worth the download if you can find it. I did have a link but I've just tried it and it doesn't seem to be there any more :(

Edit2: I'd just watched the one above and now it's timing out. Sure it's the video you mean, however, so worth persevering. In the meantime, try this page (http://www.milavia.net/aircraft/mirage2000/mirage2000_vids.htm) instead for some other good low level Mirage 2000 downloads.

Captain Kirk
19th May 2006, 18:12
Polikarpov - that's the one. Many thanks.

Polikarpov
19th May 2006, 18:39
Captain Kirk - the video "Ras Des Flots" from the second link in my post above is the same video but an awful lot better quality, if you'd like a downloadable version.

Regards, Polikarpov.

samusi01
19th May 2006, 18:42
This site (http://www.patricksaviation.com/aviation_videos/) has a few videos, including several of the French at low level in various types of aircraft...

Two's in
19th May 2006, 23:46
But you can't deny it looks like they are having jolly good fun, something that appears to have been removed from the RAF curriculum some time ago, if the threads on here are in any way indicative...

Green Flash
20th May 2006, 20:30
Hang on, didn't I remeber a vid with various unfortunates trapped by the baddies, then Harriers wazz by with lots of bnags & flak and a Herc full of Rocks rescues aforementioned unfortunates?

The Helpful Stacker
20th May 2006, 20:34
Hang on, didn't I remeber a vid with various unfortunates trapped by the baddies, then Harriers wazz by with lots of bnags & flak and a Herc full of Rocks recues aforementioned unfortunates?

I remember one about some ground leckie using a plunger (the sort you use for blowing up stuff) to switch on the lights of Brize Norton/pretend airfied in arrseholeistan.

Those RAF Career ads are great.

Green Flash
20th May 2006, 20:37
I don't think the one I was thinking about was that bad, but I take your point. We have come up with some cringeworthy howlers over the years!:eek:

Lara crofts pants
20th May 2006, 20:37
"But you can't deny it looks like they are having jolly good fun, something that appears to have been removed from the RAF curriculum some time ago, if the threads on here are in any way indicative..."

Not quite - I still have an awesome time of it whilst airborne. It's just the rubbish you have to put up with on the ground that winds us all up.

The Patricks aviation website is tip top I must say

Speedbird777
17th Jul 2006, 02:35
Am trying to find a link to the high res version of "the chase" video. Can anyone help?

212man
17th Jul 2006, 03:55
Not sure if this high enough?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbw5E48uiN8&mode=related&search=

Having seen the clip I am pretty certain it was filmed during the making of the movie Les Chevaliers du ciel (marketed internationally as Sky Fighters) which was released last year. I saw it last month on a Singapore Airways flight. It has a lot of good flying sequences in it and the clip above seems to reflect one of the scenes in particular.

Tombstone
17th Jul 2006, 07:19
'The Chase' is one of the finest flying videos I've set my eyes on for a long time & is beautifully edited. :D

Shame the French don't come and lend a hand more often, they are very good operators.

airborne_artist
17th Jul 2006, 07:47
I've got a much better copy than the YouTube - it's a 150Mb Mpeg, 3.57m. If you'd ordered the TVAM CD you'd have got it free!

Tombstone
17th Jul 2006, 08:52
I've got my own copy of the TVAM vid & donate monthly to the Benevolent fund, RAFA & RBL but still wish I'd ordered a copy for the freebie!!!

Magoodotcom
17th Jul 2006, 09:05
It's footage from a French film called Sky Fighters (not sure of translation sorry) which I saw recently on a Singapore Airlines flight. Although the storyline is only mildly better than Top Gun, the flying scenes are just superb.

One of the heros takes a female French Secret Service agent up for a flight in the Alpha, ostensibly to show her the romance of flight, but arranges for his buddy to jump them in his M2000so she gets to see what combat is (almost) really like.

There's some awesome scenes throughout the movie...I particularly like the start where a company M2000 is stolen and hides under a commercial A340 - they only see it when they spot 5 contrails! There's another great scene later in the film when an M2000 booms an airfield in Algeria...real boys-own stuff!

Can really recommend it!

Magoo

Speedbird777
17th Jul 2006, 17:39
Have seen the "youtube" one and it's not the high res 150mb one. Any chance any one could send it to me?

airborne_artist
17th Jul 2006, 21:20
Seen the YouTube one, and it's shorter, and definition is cr@p.

Put six quid in your nearest RBL/RAFA/SSAFA tin, and then PM me your name and address. :ok:

Tombstone
17th Jul 2006, 21:28
Consider yourself PM'd!

212man
18th Jul 2006, 03:25
"It's footage from a French film called Sky Fighters (not sure of translation sorry) which I saw recently on a Singapore Airlines flight. "

Is there an echo in here....?

PS. Les Chevaliers Du Ciel

Magoodotcom
18th Jul 2006, 03:58
"It's footage from a French film called Sky Fighters (not sure of translation sorry) which I saw recently on a Singapore Airlines flight. "
Is there an echo in here....?
PS. Les Chevaliers Du Ciel

Apologies 212...I was trying so hard to find a link that worked that I must've skipped through your post.

Great flick though eh? I found myself cheering that low supersonic pass!!!

Cheers

Magoo

212man
18th Jul 2006, 04:23
No problem, gives Top Gun a run for its money. Mind you a 19 hour flight and several bottles of champagne and most films seem good:) Seriously though, some excellent scenes:ok: