PDA

View Full Version : US JAA schools?

neilcharlton
18th May 2006, 15:56
Which schools are currently JAA approved in the US.
Orlando Flight training OFT ?
Naples Air Centre ? - has this been revoked
Ormand beach aviation OBA - ?
Any others ?

Which of the US schools is generally considered to be the best ? There seems to be so much controversies over these various schools I’m a bit reluctant to pitch up the cash.

I’m looking to take 2 weeks off work next month to start my PPL then finish it off in the UK . I figure the best weather and cost is going to be in the US.
Or is there anywhere else , south Africa maybe ?
How long is the wait these days for the M1 student visa?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

the_daddy
18th May 2006, 16:12
Well I have no idea how good they are yet but I'm off to <<edit: Sorry, name removed for PpruNe reasons>> in two weeks time...

I did my research and am satisfied with my choice, but I will obviously know more at the start of July when I am sending off my docs for my PPL! However I know of a couple of people on Pprune who are heading that way too and one who is there already.

Visa's....

You should allow a good month (although it may take longer or shorter) to get all your visa stuff sorted as you first need to get your chosen school to sort you out with an I-20; which you then take to the embassy along with all the other forms... However, at the moment the embassy is getting really busy as all the kids doing BUSA and Camp America are sorting their bits and pieces out too... I waited 4 1/2 hours just to be able to speak to someone for less than 2 mins!

You will be given a date for this interview that may be way off in the future too, as I mentioned this is a busy time. Added to all this is the cost of it all! I think it will still work out cheaper but only because I plan to do some hour building out there afterwards which off-sets the cost of doing that in the UK...

Anyway hope that add's to your options!!

tangovictor
18th May 2006, 16:33
in the past few months, at least 3 maybe 4 people have asked the same question, surely a search "ppl USA" could be done

neilcharlton
18th May 2006, 19:54
thanks , i did the search but it didnt really answer my question