PDA

View Full Version : Rugby Flights from Cork....

eoinok
18th May 2006, 11:58
Right lads, I thought I might start a thread about this for all on it's own. I hope the moderators dont mind :} as this thread should only last until just after the weekend and it would be nice to seperate it from the other Cork discussion thread.

So, has anyone got a list of whats going to be coming and going that morning? Titan airways, u had a list on the 1st Cork thread, any updates since?
Myself and a friend plan to be there in our usual spots at end of 35 (or is it 17? :E ) from the crack of dawn for what will surely be the most unique collection of aircraft we will see for a long time at our beloved ORK.

Anyone on here plan to be there that morning?

ryan2000
18th May 2006, 12:53
Looks like 35 if the weather forecast is correct.

mcgrath
18th May 2006, 12:57
From the Flying in Ireland website,
http://www.flyinginireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1570

Tom the Tenor
18th May 2006, 13:48
Call it cynicism, experience of Cork or call it whatever you are having yourself but Cork Airport is very lucky at all to be having an airlift for the big game in Cardiff. In the early Saturday morning Shannon would be very busy with her usual transatlantic arrivals and compound that with the local area's airlift too to the match. Even Shannon would be hard pushed to take any more flights so Cork is getting a share of the action but I put it to you all that the airport would be more than happy if there was as little airlift as possible on the grounds that the ramp is all ready fairly but not quite full and that the place has as much business as it wants!

Count your blessings, pray for benign weather and enjoy the action.

Up Munster!

asianfly
18th May 2006, 17:35
I certainly hope the weather holds, as otherwise I would not fancy being the one to tell an army of Munster fans that their flights will be delayed/cancelled because of bad weather!
Let's hope 'tis a sunny day and the hordes return happy with a win :)

redfield
18th May 2006, 18:21
Can't remember offhand which a/c are operating ORK-BRS with rugby fans, but I think they include Air Dubrovnik and a few Excel flights. BRS will be errrr....full on Saturday.