PDA

View Full Version : Airline Currency Requirements

StraightLevel
18th May 2006, 09:09
Hello pprunes,

I have recently graduated with fATPL from an integrated course and am looking for first job. Have only been let loose for a couple of months but am already having to look at keeping current.

A few of the airlines stipulate on their application forms that we should have flown XX amount of hours in last 6 months for example.

Am i allowed to include FNPT2 sim time to meet this currency requirement?

Regards,

StraightLevel.

V2andSOME
18th May 2006, 09:33
Hello,

No FNPT2 is not allowed typically to be included in current flying practice. The Airline wants to see commitment to flying and that skills are kept in tact. 50 hours in a rolling twelve month period is common with BA connect and Flybe for example. With the IR the CAA say that you can do the renewal one year in sim, one year in real aircraft and so on......., but again I think the likes of FLybe require that it is done in a real aircraft. So research is the key, you have gone through all the training so make sure that you keep yourself in the loop, sometimes its not just as easy as finishing and saying, "so where's my job then??", Class one medical, 50 hours in the rolling twelve months and IR.
Hope this helps a little.

V2 and watch that 50 ft tree thing there, no turns below 400 bla bla....

StraightLevel
18th May 2006, 10:00
Hi V2andSOME,

Thanks for info. Not an issue yet but something that i need to keep an eye on.

Regards,

StraightLevel.