PDA

View Full Version : GECAT Sim in HK , queries ?

Vimd23
17th May 2006, 02:25
Big hello to all you HK guys out there , was wondering if you could give me some of your valuable advice on the following in HK as I am scheduled to do my 738 sims at GECAT HK in the coming month :
1. Whats the most reasonable accomodation in HK ? I was given rates to the Panda Hotel in HK ?? HKD$700+ per night for 25 nights ?? Is there any other reasonable place which is clean and close to GECAT ? ( panda is offering transport free of charge and complimentary breakfast)
2.How come there are no Laundromats in HK ? How does one get their clothes washed , with the expection of the hotel as I am sure its gonna be expensive or if you have another idea would appreciate the advice .
3. How much would you need a day for food in HK (excluding breakfast) ? Will need to talk to my company about the per diem accordingly ?
4. How expensive is transport in HK ? Please consider this from the place of my stay which is likely to depend on what other prruners recommend .
5. What are the reasonable eating joints in and around GECAT for food ?
6.What are the sights and sounds of HK , things to do , places to visit etc.
Anyother advice is also welcome. I appreciate any & all advice on the subject of my visit. Hope you guys will do me the favour of spending 2 mins typing out your advice.
Thanks & Cheers
Vimd23

Pointer
18th May 2006, 07:09
Well if i am not mistaken, its the SIM at CX(gecat)? you could try to get a room at the Headland, don't know the rate though, depends who you are with. but it's the nearest.

Otherwise try Novotel, in Tung Chun, just across the road from the sim.

Transport with mtr and busses works fine, use a octopus card, its easy and you don't have to run around with change all the time, you get discounted fare on public transport.

you should be able to get a better rate than $700hk per night, specially if you are staying 25. do you have a current airline id? that helps.

good luck
Pointer :E

Vimd23
18th May 2006, 11:26
Hi pointer , thanks for taking the time to reply,appreciate it very much. The Headland hotel also is a good idea , but they dont seem to have a website to look at ?? So will have to try to contact them via my airline. Many thanks to left wing too for the advice via the pm. Just curios where exactly would be city centre or a food court from the Regal Airport hotel and is the Cathay canteen open all hours ?

Cheers
Vimd23

sinkingship
18th May 2006, 14:10
www.headland.com.hk, but its only available to CX employees