PDA

View Full Version : Korean Air 744s

MidlandDan
13th May 2006, 15:33
First of all, sorry if this is not the correct place to post this, but here goes.

I should be flying the LHR-ICN-NRT with KAL in September, do the 744s on this route have the AVOD system fitted yet? If anybody has flown with them, good or bad id like to hear from you

BA are offering a cheapish flight, LHR-NRT, though im dubious about BA, economy never seems to be anything too special in my opinion, and to be honest id quite like to visit ICN

747boy
13th May 2006, 15:52
Flew NRT-ICN return last year on KA 747-400. No PTV. Food was nothing special. Don't know if the 747 on the LHR route is any better.

Flew LHR-NRT with BA this year. PTV but not AVOD.

Unless you really want to see ICN I'd go for the direct route with BA.

MidlandDan
13th May 2006, 15:58
Well, i heard that the 744s are being fitted with the AVOD system by September from another source, thought i'd see whether anybody could shed some light on the situation.

Yeh i might be tempted with BA, though the flights get into NRT in the morning , prefer the evening so i can go to bed and be ready for work the next day......sorry im very demanding :)

Ive been to Japan 3 times, once with SAS, Alitalia and JAL, im a bit sad and would like to fly with another airline.....although JAL leave the Europeans standing in terms of quality and service.

BA seat pitch is less than KAL and Asiana though

747boy
13th May 2006, 16:08
Yeah it's always nice to try a another airline. Arriving morning time in Japan isn't great because you have a whole day in front of you.

The Japanese airlines from LHR are good because you arrive afternoon and by the time you make it in to Tokyo it around 6pm.

Have you tried ANA. They have AVOD.

MidlandDan
13th May 2006, 16:12
Believe me id love to try ANA, bit pricey though, im waiting around to see if any specials come up, i was going to fly Virgin for £410 return......but i missed the end of the sale! :\

Thai had an offer on, but the girlfriend isnt as keen on flying as me, so i got overruled due to the long-sectors and waiting in BKK

Japan is so expensive to fly to compared to the rest of Asia!

747boy
13th May 2006, 16:25
Yes Japan is always more expensive than other Asian. Landing charges at Nariata must be higher or something.

Have you tried Air France. Flew with them last June on a 777 with PTV. No complaints. They always seem to be competitive price wise.

KLM is another option but I've only flown with them to NRT once. A few years ago so don't know what they are like now.

MidlandDan
13th May 2006, 17:24
AF is another possibility, i could get the nightime 77W flight.....maybe that would be a good bet

Anybody know anything about Korean Air though??

MidlandDan
17th May 2006, 19:10
Nobody have any info about KE fleet updates or their routes??

Help me out guys im new here, should i post elsewhere maybe?

Load Toad
18th May 2006, 00:39
Google is your friend:

http://www.koreanair.com/

747boy
18th May 2006, 00:47
Might be better to post in the 'Passengers & SLF (Self Loading Freight) ' forum.

MidlandDan
18th May 2006, 12:57
Indeed Google is my friend, expect there is no detail about the LHR flights

Thanks anyway

Van Pelt338
27th May 2006, 09:46
Try this link. Go to schedule and you can see both the cargo and pax flights.
Cheers, VP

http://cargo.koreanair.com/

point5
27th May 2006, 21:42
KAL were using B777 on LHR route. Dunno if they've reverted back!