PDA

View Full Version : Terror on Flight FR113 - Tabloid

airbourne
12th May 2006, 01:39
I cant find a link to the story but it basically goes like this from Thursday's Irish Star.

Passengers told last night of their terror when a Ryanair pilot was forced to abort a takeoff at the last moment.

Many of the 172 passengers on FR113 LGW - DUB screamed and gripped their seats and arm restsas the aircraft screeched to a halt just before the end of the runway.

"It was definatly the scariest experience Ive ever had on a plane" Star Sunday showbiz reporter Ken Sweeney - one of a number of journilists on the flight said yesterday

"Everyone was thrown forward and people were screaming and in an absolute panic"

Another reporter said "I just grabbed the seat in front of me and I was waiting to hear a crash"

Passenger were told a few minutes later that the takeoff had been aborted because of a warning light in the cockpit

In fairness to the Captain she explained everything that had happened and we were grateful for her quick action.

A Ryanair spokesperson told The star the flight had 'experienced a technical fault with a rear light'

They fixed the problem and the aircraft landed back in Dublin at 11.20pm

ExSimGuy
15th May 2006, 05:41
Sounds like some typical sensationalist and inaccurate reporting . . .

as the aircraft screeched to a halt just before the end of the runway
"screeched"? - no ABS? And how did the reporter, sitting in 22A or wherever, know how far it was from the endof the runway?

spokesperson told The star the flight had 'experienced a technical fault with a rear light'
Either the FR spokesperson was very badly advised, or the newspaper did not even listen carefully. Come on! Maybe the aircrafts rear turn signals were INOP?:p

If the quotes posted are accurate, will FR be demanding 5,000 quid from the newspaper concerned? I hope so.

It was just an RTO, handled correctly, and the pax clearly informed what was going on (as soon as those up front had a moment to spare) Must have been a "quiet news day" :{