PDA

View Full Version : MCC: where,how, how much...Best deal & experiences

papazulu
11th May 2006, 15:17
Hello gentlemen,
I've done a careful search and found this thread:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222133&highlight=FLIGHT+TRAINING+EUROPE+MCC

Great thread indeed. Now I wonder how those of you who had a direct experience taking MCC with one of these training providers and how you would rate them. I am looking for the best compromise between location, price, accomodation, schedule, hardware, etc,etc. What must be at its best is the quality of training provided.

Here are my favourites. If anyone had the chance to deal with them, please share your experience.

Parc Aviation - Dublin
BCFTC, Bournemouth
Flight Training Europe, Jerez, Spain
Flugschule Berlin, Germany
Multi Crew Training Ltd., Bournemouth
RWL GERMAN FLIGHT ACADEMY GmbH, Moenchengladbach

Thanks for helping

PZ:ok:

Lucync
12th May 2006, 12:31
hi all.
i'm going to do the test in jarez pretty soon and i wondered if anyony could suggest and study books/websites i could use to swat up on.
i'm really nervous!!:O

femaleWannabe
12th May 2006, 15:26
hi all.
i'm going to do the test in jarez pretty soon and i wondered if anyony could suggest and study books/websites i could use to swat up on.
i'm really nervous!!:O

Maybe you should try posting in the Jerez thread :confused:

moggiee
12th May 2006, 19:47
Maybe you should try posting in the Jerez thread :confused:
And learning how to spell the name of the city properly!

papazulu
12th May 2006, 20:47
Sorry but...do you mind if we go back to the questions on the original post? Plenty of room for new topics, I believe.

Phileas Fogg
12th May 2006, 21:19
It should be about the quality of the MCC training provided combined with the price.

Now why did papazulu list those as his/her favourites and why is Lucync going to Spain, is it because they are cheap or why?

There is a saying, 'you get what you pay for' and whilst one might be saving a few dollars now your CV will one day end up on a chief pilot's desk who will think 'Yuk, Spanish MCC' or indeed 'Spanish type rating'!

I hasten to add that Spanish training does not have a good reputation within the industry, spend your money wisely!

DC-8
12th May 2006, 22:17
Hi!

Phileas fogg, why do you underestimate so much Spanish training?

I'm doing an Integrated fATPL course in Madrid and I don't agree with you. I'm receiving a very good training here.

I have two fly instructor: one with more than 3500TT and the other with more than 10000TT.

We have more than 30 aircrafts (PA28, 28R, 34) and 5 simulators: A320 (Full Motion Level D) and a B200, both for the MCC. As well there are PA34 FNTP II, B1900 and two 810 sim. All sim. instructors during the MCC are Large Airline Captains (Iberia, Air Auropa...) and most of them ex-military pilots.

About the ground instructors in my flight school, I must say they are aeronautical engineers, militars (Generales y Coroneles), airline pilots, etc... so I think the training we're given here is not bad at all.

I think the training in Spain is not worse than in the rest of Europe. Actually I think in many Spanish flight schools is much higher (Aeromadrid, American Flyers, Adventia, FTE...). But of course there're some exceptions where the money the school makes has priority to the quality of the training...

PD: Which companies do you know where Spainsh pilots are underestimated?

Regards,

DC-8

ROI1900D
13th May 2006, 06:49
Which flying school are you attending?

DC-8
13th May 2006, 07:55
Aeromadrid

Canada Goose
13th May 2006, 09:41
Papazulu,

I am many others can highly recommend the Flight Training Centre at Half Penny Green (Wolverhampton Airport). One of the cheapest around and many people who have done their MCC there have gone on to fly for the likes of BA etc, in fact one of the trainers in ex-BA.

They were pretty flexible as well and we did it in 9 straight days whcih was good as it meant taking only 1 week off work. Horses for courses I guess !! Check 'em out.

http://www.hgfc.co.uk/htm/multicrew.htm

Good luck.
CG

papazulu
13th May 2006, 09:52
Now why did papazulu list those as his/her favourites and why is Lucync going to Spain, is it because they are cheap or why?

There is a saying, 'you get what you pay for' and whilst one might be saving a few dollars now your CV will one day end up on a chief pilot's desk who will think 'Yuk, Spanish MCC' or indeed 'Spanish type rating'!

Dear PF, as you might check I have listed just one Spain's located FTO and is run by brits, so...I say "favourites" because they have good reputation, solid management and do a charming advertising. Still price makes a difference, at least in my case. FTE offers accomodation included in the 4000 euros and their FNTP although not so glamorous as others Level D sims is a full motion and seems to do the job pretty well. I was looking for more detailed infos, taht's it!

The other FTOs are well known but as said in the link I attached to the original post someone had something to say about Parc, someone else didn't like the all-german website etc,etc...So once again I am asking to those who are there or are about to go how they feel in order to make my choise.

I'll be wise, I promise. Money is the BIGGEST issue in my case.

Take care

Con-Trail
13th May 2006, 11:21
PZ,

How about Oxford?

FougaMagister
13th May 2006, 21:48
Oxford's MCC course is pretty good too; the 737-400 FNPT II is full-motion, which makes for VERY realistic flying! Quite useful too to learn to work as a crew at jet airliner speeds...

Phileas Fogg - most recruiters in Britain really don't care where in Europe you did your MCC course. Your remark seems to be inspired by pure FTO marketing hype!

Cheers :cool:

Craggenmore
14th May 2006, 16:07
The CTC AQC course is probably the best deal out there. It is a blend of MCC/CRM/JOT and LOFT principles flown on a fixed base 737 or Airbus A320 sim with highly experienced airline pilots.

It costs £6,800 for the three week course but you must pass the course to the required standard. If you do, one of their 8 partner airlines will select you and ask CTC to type-rate you. You will then fly for a minimun of 6 months with that airline and if all parties are happy at the end of that time period, you become a full-time line pilot for that airline.

Does any other MCC course give you that?

Julietta
19th May 2006, 15:08
Hi ! Iīm urgently seeking for a crewpartner at
Flugschule Berlin, Germany. The mcc will cost about 4500 euris for the Airbus. The school is supercool. Itīs very easy to find a room in Berlin and itīs cheap. The school has a very good reputation and everyone I met here is nice..

tabspleasewithjeta1
19th May 2006, 16:52
I would undoubteldy recommed the Flight Centre at Wolverhampton as well.
Did my Mcc with them last November and the instructors are excellent, I got far more from the course than i expected to in the way of instruction.
There sim is operated to Jet Speeds/profiles and most importantly SOP's, with the overall goal to teach and develop a pleasant personal CRM style that means that you can work as a team.
I can hand on heart say that the skills i aquired on this course gave me a fighting chance when i was lucky enought to be called for the only interview i have ever attended, and sucessfully landed the job.
Whilst i can see the advantages of doing a MCC on a jet sim,i think personnally getting your CRM correct is far more important, you can fail an OPC for bad CRM, so if you dont get the basics right it could hamper you later on.Remember you are be trainied to work as multi crew now! Type rating comes later!
If you are desperate to fly a Jet sim or have a sim ride looming, go and spend the money you have saved by going to HGFC and hire one for a couple of hours after.
As much as you try to tell yourself that you want to learn CRM you will fall madly in love with all the switches and the FMC and not concentrate on what you are trying to improve which is how to stop you and your buddy accidentally killing yourself!and how to do it nicely without making enemies!
probably going to get shot down in flames for this but watched this forum for ages and now in a positon where i can offer a bit of advice that may be useful to someone?!!