PDA

View Full Version : BMI Baby

henryIV
29th Jul 2004, 09:29
Good day people,

Quick note to ask if anyone has heard anything from bmi baby, whether it be a call or letter as I have to solid 'evidence' that they may have assessment days soon.

Cheers,

HenryIV

The Slick Man
29th Jul 2004, 13:12
Hey Henry my man. Stops with the greasin, BMI dono what they doooin. Chill.

And remember im the slick man, rapper slash part time hit man.

Slick

eagerbeaver
29th Jul 2004, 14:37
i have applied many times and not received a reply, i have heard the same though so maybe. They are gonna open up at birmingham so probably need to get the ball rolling soon.

aapa
2nd Aug 2004, 16:38
hi people

just wondering wether any body knows of the general interview process is any thing like the bmi regional from what other members are describing in the other forum

jetblast1976
5th Aug 2004, 13:50
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering whether anyone has attended the bmibaby interview recently, and be kind enough to give details of the day's events such as tech exam, group exercise and interview questions etc.

Best regards

Jetblast

carbonfibre
5th Aug 2004, 16:45
Like all others i have applied many times, updated CV but with low hours and the recent development at Mytravel a good portion of those jobs may well have been taken.

Well fingers crossed

:ok:

Nearly Man
6th Aug 2004, 14:29
I applied online and not received the autoreply confirmation! Now when I try and update my hours it still has the same old information in it when I log back on!
Blimey, has anyone else had this happen?

Shockwaves
23rd Aug 2004, 14:16
Has anyone been invited to interiview recently? Do you know what experieince they are looking for?

Ron Glum
24th Aug 2004, 09:13
Ive heard nothing. Rather sceptical about the reliability of their online application form even though my details seem to have been saved.
Got good hours including jet and someone recommending me. What more can one do??:(

Nearly Man
25th Aug 2004, 15:06
Ron, you got someone recommending you!
Well, I'm royalty so I should be called for interview first.

Snigs
25th Aug 2004, 16:55
Royalty hmm!!! So, Nearly Man you old tart, you know some bmi baby hosties as well do you ;)

Nearly Man
25th Aug 2004, 17:32
Yes Snigs, but as we all know, hosties are good for bugger all, except chucking biscuits .. come on Baby!

Did you apply as well, did you include your FS2002 737 time as well? Well you can bugger off and get behind me in the queue

Snigs
26th Aug 2004, 07:15
Yep, :p and my time in the Spitfire from the Combat Flight Sim. Do you think I should have included my Space Shuttle time??

But, mate, if I have to wait behind you in the queue, I'll have to figure out which is your ar$e and which is your face. They look so much alike ;)

But you can be my wing man any day!!

Paulscho
26th Aug 2004, 07:50
Lets hope that baby don't read your comments on hosties chucking biscuits!!
I think they do a bit more than that, hopefully you were only joking.

pilotatlast
1st Sep 2004, 08:31
Does anyone out there have any info. as to when baby are going to commence their recruitment for flightdeck? The website seems to indicate a need for a large no. of pilots but nothing heard about any interviews yet?

Megaton
1st Sep 2004, 08:56
Sims were held last Friday with successful applicants informed by e-mail this week.

eagerbeaver
1st Sep 2004, 09:48
has anyone heard from thomsonfly, channel express, GB, globespan? Cant think of any others i have applied to?

Nearly Man
12th Sep 2004, 12:01
Hmm, I was told they took load of rated guys, and not just recent 'I got one in ASDA' ratings!
And they never even contacted my referee :(
Ahh well, was nice to get some form filling in practice!

Snigs, so you were behind me in the queue, you cheeky bottom feeling rascal!

Snigs
13th Sep 2004, 13:23
Well you shouldn't have such a pert little bum then!! :p

BTW, do you know that from the person I think you know it from, or not?

Avenger
14th Sep 2004, 18:43
Not speaking out of turn, or suggesting a big migration from our outfit, but I gather a couple of our FO's have been offered positions with Bmibaby.

They both have about 800hrs on type, hear the money is a bit lower but the roster is potentially better and they won't be asked to move base at the drop of a hat.

Nearly Man
14th Sep 2004, 23:01
I reckon they're having a laugh with us :)
But yah, I did hear they robbing a lot of rated pilots first .. them maybe we'll get the crumbs!

'BTW, do you know that from the person I think you know it from, or not?' ... Snigs, what, you lost me, you been on the scrumpy again? :}
If you're refering to my referee .. umm, he has awful taste in music and has dodgy famous heavy metal mate :E

Snigs
15th Sep 2004, 06:49
Got it in one. Anyway, you should be behind me in the queue, I'm fatter than you, better at holding my ale than you, and been to more BALPA conferences than you, plus I've been waiting longer!! :E

apron
13th Sep 2005, 16:42
I've heard varying stories about the 2 companies and how one is so much better to work for versus another (and vice versa).
I'm thinking of applying for both very soon and would like the low down from anyone in the konw..Ta

philip2004uk
15th Sep 2005, 08:05
They're both the same company.
bmi baby do low cost flights and fly 737's and bmi fly more airbuses which i love.

Tallbloke
15th Sep 2005, 08:55
I must admit I thought they were 2 seperate companies but part of the same group. The crucial difference AFAIK (apart from the business model) is differing T&Cs for the 2 groups of staff.

Gary Lager
15th Sep 2005, 09:07
As with bmi regional, bmibaby and bmi (don't say 'mainline'!) have different AOCs but the same overall ownership.

Crucially (as far as this forum goes), recruiting is handled by each company to their own respective requirements.

bmi ONLY fly Airbii. And I love them too, cos there's somewhere to put your dinner where your tie doesn't always go in it.

I need APU
10th Nov 2005, 10:13
Hi!

I understand that bmi baby have been holding interviews with their chief pilot recently.

Please could anyone who has been through or anybody with information regarding the content of these interviews please provide me with some assistance.

Many thanks in advance

APU

747 Downwind
10th Nov 2005, 16:45
I wouldn't mind some info on BMI Baby also, applied on-line but no response.. appears to be expansion at the company

I need APU
13th Nov 2005, 09:57
Anybody????????

DeltaT
15th Nov 2005, 02:48
That registration form on their website appears to be way to basic to be of any use to them. Whats the real way to apply?!!

Gary Lager
15th Nov 2005, 14:58
Know somebody...

Permafrost_ATPL
15th Nov 2005, 22:07
Anybody ever got an interview from just filling out the application form on the website?

Like DeltaT said, does not look enough to do a serious selection...

polo player
11th May 2006, 09:47
Hi,
Got an interview soon. Can anyone please give me some info on things I'll need to know. What to expect at interview, what to wear, what to say, what NOT to say etc. Also any info on pay, typical working days, how good they are to work for all greatfully received.

Thanks

endofeng
11th May 2006, 22:58
Hey Polo,

If you don't mind me asking, what is your background? I'm just about to target Baby for an interview, I have 1000hrs, 850Heavt turbo prop, working for Fly*e.......

Did your interview come off the back of the online application, or did you speak with the powers that be???

Cheers

endofeng

ps you can pm me if it helps!

George Foreman
14th May 2006, 18:49
My interview with baby was very straightforward, no trick questions, nothing too technical, and really quite friendly.

I met the chief pilot; we went and got a coffee, found a sofa in a quiet part of the building and had a really useful, informative chat.

The stated aim was for him to find out about you, your life experience, your motivation for being a pilot, and of course he will be looking to gauge the usual things such as how you conduct yourself, and whether he'd find you agreeable to work with for 4 sectors a day!

I found it to be a genuinely 50:50 exchange, by which I mean that he told me quite a lot about baby, ie what they're looking for in a pilot employee, what to expect day to day on the line, and a bit of history from conception to present day. I didn't feel it was dressed up; it covered day to day operational challenges, flexibility, their view of the current commercial scene across all bases, Ts & Cs, and their approach to staffing issues such as rostering at the various bases, etc.

By way of setting the scene, Tim Berry (Ops Director) gave a brief, straight-talking presentation at last year's BALPA EOC and the BALPA hand-out would be a good place to start. First impressions do count .. I believe my 2 minutes face-to-face on that day is how I got my interview.

I've never had such a refreshingly open, 2-way interview with an airline employer and I found it all very enjoyable and straightforward. It left me with the feeling that I would like to work for these people at some stage in the future. Alas the initial call from baby came 3 days too late for me...I was already financially committed to and, by the interivew day, part way through an A320 conversion course at GECAT on a SSTR for another airline. I'm pleased I attended. and against others' advice I felt obliged to reciprocate and to declare my hand.

So my best advice is to be open, and be yourself. The sim assessment followed the next working day and was similarly straightforward, without any surprises. If baby get Airbus at any stage I'll be straight on the phone ... for now I'm going to gain some experience on type and keep my situation under review. Sooner or later I will probably come home ..

Be lucky.
George.

Aerofoil
13th Oct 2006, 22:12
Hi all

Just a quick question for BMI Baby pilots who joined with a 737 type rating NOT from Gecat and no extra hrs on type....

When called for an interview did you also have to do a sim check also or was it based solely on the interview??

Many thanks

Foil

Aerofoil
14th Oct 2006, 11:52
can anyone help??

endofeng
17th Oct 2006, 07:55
Aerofoil,

Of the guys I know who have recently resigned to go to BMI Baby from flybe, it was a straight forward interview, no sim check.......but, they were going in as DEC and previous experience on jets!(Non type rated though)

Hope that helps!?

------------------
endofeng:ok:

TrimTrimTrim
14th Jan 2007, 07:24
Hi, I have a Sim Check with 'Baby' in a few weeks time. Its on the 737-300 at Stockley. Although they will be sending me an information pack I am just trying to get ahead of the game. Just wondering if anyone on here who has done one recently could give me a heads up on what to expect. Thanks TTT.

deza
16th Jan 2007, 08:00
Hi i have a sim ride coming up early Feb, anyone fancy a sim partner for a practice?

deza
23rd Jan 2007, 08:08
Hi guys and gals, anyone got a sim ride with BMI Baby on the 4th Feb?

TrimTrimTrim
23rd Jan 2007, 17:15
Yes I do!! Any info you would like to share. TTT

G-Dawg
30th Jan 2007, 12:31
I'm currently on the B737-500, how many hours do i need to be looking for before baby will consider me, total time and time on type....anybody know???

cheers

g

G-Dawg
1st Feb 2007, 15:40
Anybody.....somebody must know something....any takers!!!

G:\ ;)

G-Dawg
3rd Feb 2007, 12:33
I guess not...:(

FunFlyin
3rd Feb 2007, 12:39
Dawg,

You may get a better answer in the Terms and Endearment forum.
This forum isnt for experienced pilots looking for job changes so i doubt any of them will be able to tell you how many hours you will need on type :)

Everyone here should be inexperienced or here to help :p

FougaMagister
3rd Feb 2007, 22:58
G-DAWG - http://www.ppjn.com is accurate re. baby and worth a look. Fill in the application form on http://www.bmibaby.com (they do look at it sometimes!) and you can e-mail your CV to the CP (his name has appeared here before). They will be happy to talk to you since you're already 737 EFIS rated. Those bonded by baby (at GECAT) are 737-300 to -900 rated.

Hope this helps.

G'd night! :zzz:

G-Dawg
4th Feb 2007, 12:31
FF

Yeah sorry I should have said that I've only just started on the 73 and am in no way experienced...unfortunatly...

FG, I stuck my on-line app in about 7 months ago and update it regularly and also have been e-mailing the CP with my details, but I've found out that it can take some time to get a response so i guess that all i can keep doing is plugging away at them..thanks guys for the replies, really appreciate it..

G

avrodamo
5th Feb 2007, 10:34
At the moment there are alot of experienced guys from Flybe/Bacon knocking on the door with experience who are going to be considered first. CP comments not mine

deza
6th Feb 2007, 14:48
Hi TTT how did your sim ride go on sunday?:ok:

fly now
11th Feb 2007, 09:29
hi guys!!
I applyed on january and the cpt j.bell sent an email with an huge application form. I mail it back, but still no answers.....:(

and you ??????????????
any other rumors?????????????

ciao ciao

avrodamo
11th Feb 2007, 09:46
Cpt Bell is the Chief Pilot at BMI Regional, not BMI Baby. They are totally seperate operations

dlav
11th Feb 2007, 10:32
woops.......................:ugh:

deza
11th Feb 2007, 11:30
Hi chaps! has anyone had any feed back from there sim ride last sunday?:ok:

TrimTrimTrim
11th Feb 2007, 19:43
Hi, I heard from them on Tuesday, I passed thankfully.........starting in March.

G-Dawg
12th Feb 2007, 18:48
well done TTT, hopefully might be able to join you in the future, fingers crossed...congrats

G