View Full Version : SOUTH AFRICAN ATC

ORANPO
11th May 2006, 07:03
hI .

aNY news about SA ATC (ATNS), futures plans, recruitment, current status

OP

atcSA
12th May 2006, 06:24
Hey oranpo... I applied for the may intake of the recruitment but can only start in September because they have a mandate for May where they aren't recruiting any white applicants. I was really hoping to start this month but unfortunately thats how it goes in SA. But since I'm really passionate about this proffesion, I'll wait the couple of months before I start stressing about the psych tests. :bored:

See ya.

G

TMAguide
12th May 2006, 12:20
No need to stress about tests...not much you can do to prepare...you either have it or not...good luck though.....ATNS great company to train in....

Pity about black/white thing though....should be on merit, not reverse racism...
:ok:

jack4577
13th May 2006, 00:34
ATNS are losing alot of controllers,especially to the Middle East and are losing the Irish controlers at the end of the year.They have I believe plans in place to tempt their ATC's to stay here in SA,but from what I can see the biggest problem here in SA is getting people trained up.The failure rate is worryingly high.Is it the students??Is it the Instructors??Or is it the system??Maybe a combination of everything.The last few aerodrome courses were a complete disaster.I dont know but something has to be done and quick.From my experience though the instuctors at the stations are very good and helpful.