PDA

View Full Version : Bomber Command Dining-In riot at Waddo

HectorusRex
10th May 2006, 22:58
Can anybody please supply a link to the above topic?
Thanks,
HectorusRex

Archimedes
10th May 2006, 23:12
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48124

Was the specific thread about it, but there was some coverage of the events in the 'Did you fly the Vulcan?' thread as well, IIRC.

Blacksheep
11th May 2006, 09:29
Only airmen have riots. When Officers and Gentlemen do it, its called high spirits... :hmm:

When the airmen staged a protest at the appalling food at Waddington not long afterwards - by simply failing en masse to turn up for luncheon (except for the snoops and WRAF, who weren't let into the plan) - 'Their Airships' launched an SIB investigation to uncover the ringleaders. :suspect:

Not that I was one of them, you understand.

Honest!

HectorusRex
11th May 2006, 11:20
Many thanks Blacksheep and Archimedes.
My use of PPRuNe search failed but Google worked!
Strange are the ways:-)

PPRuNe Pop
11th May 2006, 12:11
Interesting comment there HR.

In fact, it is possible that you will find subject matter on Google directly from PPRuNe threads. Not at all unusual. Strange are the ways - as you so say. ;)

PPP

Pontius Navigator
11th May 2006, 20:50
I can remember every detail of that night. Or at least every detail that I chanced upon. Tomato soup and exploding bread rolls. The toilet tent with every bucket full. The 'bang bang' greeting of one guest. The 1 Gp carnation shield - I can smell it now.

Of The rest of the food. The wine. The drinks. 745 others there. NOT A THING :)

Those I do remember - Hardisty, Sorenson, Sevright, Tanner

I have no recollection whatever of even seeing my own crew after the balloon went up.