PDA

View Full Version : JAA PPL?

martyngorton
10th May 2006, 19:12
Where do you think is the best place to get my JAA PPL done?

Either Ormond beach or Orlando Flight Training? Or any other places?

Thanks,

Martyn.

Whirlygig
10th May 2006, 19:15
I don't know about the best place to get your PPL but I did mine in the UK!

What do you want to do with this PPL? Hour build and CPL? or purely pleasure? You might get different answers!

Cheers

Whirls

martyngorton
10th May 2006, 19:44
I want to obtain my PPL so then I can do ATPL modular route.

PAJ
10th May 2006, 22:40
martyngorton,

I am heading out to OFT in July to do my JAA PPL. Although I'd absolutely love to get my ATPL and fly the big jets, I've got a decent job lined up after I graduate from uni but hopefully in the future!

In regards to where to go for your PPL, I suggest you research as many different schools as possible. I chose OFT for a number of different reasons but key was the fact that Cabair use them for their ATPL cadets. To me that suggested quality place with safe aircraft. My decision was also based on a couple of people I know having gone there and loving the place. One had been to OBA and he reaslly was not that happy with the way the place was run, and returned to OFT thereafter. OFT have competitive rates and have been excellent in terms of helping getting the Visa sorted (this is much more complicated that I anticipated!).

I suggest that you look at other places that Florida too just to gain a better perspective, and as already mentioned, consider the UK. As I have a job starting at te beginning of Spetember and have commitments until mid July, I knew that the only way I could get my PPL before I started work was an intensive course, so I decided early on that the US was for me.

Hope that helps

dfspilot
10th May 2006, 22:42
cheapest ppl is in the US, as you will learn it takes a lot of money to get to cpl me/ir mcc. so the cheaper along the way and the quickest is to do most of your training in america and distance learning with bristol ( though there are many others) .do me and cpl in US if you can and ir in europe somewhere although if you are going to fly in uk airspace it is better to do your ir there.this is only my opinion and you will find good and bad ways of doing it no matter where you go, but remember you are the customer so you can walk any time you want if you feel you are not getting what you payed for. anyway good luck with your flying its hard work and it seems like a lot of the time you will never get there but like any thing in life it takes perciverance and determination, but if you have that ( and plenty of money ) you will get there in the end.

stug
16th May 2006, 10:56
PAJ,

I am looking at going to OFT later this year having chosen them for similar reasons to yourself. I would love to hear how you get on when your out there :)

Stug

gcolyer
16th May 2006, 11:38
I went to OBA, i really don't think you will find anywhere that will beat you on price. As for quality i presonaly thought it was good, at the end of the day i got exactly what i paid for.

To helop make up your mind you should maybe read the ormond Beach thread (it might take a while though :)