PDA

View Full Version : Cathay A380??

tunjan
9th May 2006, 12:19
Hi all,
Anyone know if Cathay plans to purchase/lease A380's??
Too soon to ask??
T:suspect:

spannersatcx
9th May 2006, 13:07
Nope no plans.

Elroy Jettson
9th May 2006, 23:38
Why? Have you got a few you want to offload Mr Dixon? :}

Stupid Pilot
13th May 2006, 23:51
They like B777 more...

Hi all,
Anyone know if Cathay plans to purchase/lease A380's??
Too soon to ask??
T:suspect:

sizematters
14th May 2006, 01:18
the A380 has severe problems, not that airbus will admit to it...................rumours abound that it is over weight...............not true, it does however have a 50 ton fuel shortage due to fore & aft wing bending which means that they cannot put 50T of fuel on that they had planned on doing...........................

It won't even do Los Angeles - Hong Kong direct, Cathay did the figures and it falls into the Ocean about 30 minutes short of Hong Kong..................

The fact that they have created a new wake turbulence category doesn't help. An extra minute between take off's is going to make it a tad unpopular but not the end of the world..........................

what does finish it off is it can only use a 200ft wide runway.............so if your going to say, LHR, you can't use Stansted as an alternate, have to use Paris.................so you have to haul an extra 5-7 tons of gas for 13+ hours.................mmmmmmmmmm, not very cost effective really

Cathay learnt the lesson ..............Never be a lead customer for airbus, watch the others suffer for 5 years till they sort it out, then buy 747-800's

Baywatcher
14th May 2006, 07:03
I think CX showed their feelings re Airbus with their recent massive order for Boeing 777

electricjetjock
15th May 2006, 00:58
But will they think again?:ugh:

There is an "NEW" Emirates 777ER stuck in SIN after an uncommanded Rudder movement!!:suspect:

Baywatcher
17th May 2006, 12:57
But the whole rudder didn't fall off!

The Messiah
18th May 2006, 10:14
Massive order for 777's?

Hardly massive compared to the rest of the world airlines orders.

Baywatcher
18th May 2006, 11:34
Come on Messiah,

Massive for a CX order and at the end of the day who makes the most money!

bonajet
19th May 2006, 03:45
Looks like the usual uninformed comments about the 380 surfacing. Two of sizematters statements seem a little wide of the mark, which makes me doubt the rest.
A380 has just landed at LHR. Last time I was there, the runways were 164 feet wide.
The reported CX comment was that they wouldn't think of ordering it until it could fly from LAX to HKG, all year and fully laden. Now I don't know whether it can or can't do it but that is slightly different to "fall into the ocean".

water check
19th May 2006, 04:07
Baywatch...you ask 'who makes the most money'...? Why...our management of course....just look at their profit sharing bonuses. (excuse me while I throw up)