PDA

View Full Version : The Airline Recruitment Game

Jinkster
9th May 2006, 10:03
Does anyone find days when they actually enjoy calling people and sending CVs out?

I called a couple of people yesterday and they said 'oh hello, its you again blah, blah, sorry but still no change....'

richiya
9th May 2006, 23:32
NO I haven't had one of those yet.
:{

duir
12th May 2006, 16:46
I particularly dread calling airlines after an experience a few moons ago. After a chum within handed my CV in for me during his command interview I recieved an email with a contact number. After 7 months of being ignored I was sure this would be the breakthrough I required. So I rang the number and spoke to the person in question...............big mistake! "If I spent 10 minutes talking to everyone like you I would never get through the day" and even better than that "where did you get this number from?" Classic. Possibly the least enthusiastic and definitely the most rude/arrogant recruiting bod I have yet to encounter.

Nope, can't say as I do enjoy sending CVs or calling these days.

Jinkster
14th May 2006, 16:11
I particularly dread calling airlines after an experience a few moons ago. After a chum within handed my CV in for me during his command interview I recieved an email with a contact number. After 7 months of being ignored I was sure this would be the breakthrough I required. So I rang the number and spoke to the person in question...............big mistake! "If I spent 10 minutes talking to everyone like you I would never get through the day" and even better than that "where did you get this number from?" Classic. Possibly the least enthusiastic and definitely the most rude/arrogant recruiting bod I have yet to encounter.
Nope, can't say as I do enjoy sending CVs or calling these days.

Duir - which airline was that (a pm would be nice), there are some miserable sods about!! Just makes you want to do it even more and someday the boot will be on the other foot and you can say 'sorry mate working for XYZ'

:)