PDA

View Full Version : JETSTAR INTERNATIONAL??

UNOME
9th May 2006, 02:44
JETSTAR INTERNATIONAL???
Lot's of talk in Oz about Cathay/ Dragon aussies rushing back to join Jetstar.

If you have the education requirements and can pass the testing stage, you will be hit up around AUD10,000 if you are type rated A330 (company induction training??) or AUD30,000 if not.

Net income for Capts about AUD8000 per month, F/Os AUD 6000.

After two years DE Capts will be demoted to F/O and there is currently 300 pilots ahead, who will qualify for command in two years therefore, about 5-8yrs to get back in the left seat.

So the question remains, why are so many of you rushing back?
http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

404 Titan
9th May 2006, 03:19
UNOME

There might be lots of talk in OZ but here in HK and I can only speak of CX there aint. Wouldn’t touch J* anything with a 50 foot pole. The only people I can see that may take it up will be guys that are about to retire from CX and don’t want to stay in HK on an extension on “B” scale. If J* really want them it will be on their terms not J* as they have nothing to loose. If I had the choice about being able to sit back and relax and play with my toys I had accumulated while in HK on “A” scale or continuing to work for a few years, I know what I would pick.

VR-HFX
9th May 2006, 03:33
J* flt ops run by ex-AN gang and they are fishing for their own diaspora and opening the door for some of the guys in J*Asia currently in SIN to slide back to MEL.

Agree with 404 Titan, the attraction is zilch.

If one wanted a change and to continue flying after CX, try Japan or Korea on contract. More days off in OZ per month than you would get with J* and a lot more money in the pocket.Not to mention the new cultural experience:}

funbags
9th May 2006, 04:02
$8000/month net for Capt - no way.

Its $150K Gross (negotiated by the geniuses at the JPC ) for a Capt at close to 50% tax - we've got 400 S/O's at Qantas on that.

Why would you come back ??:rolleyes:

Elroy Jettson
9th May 2006, 05:32
Why would you come back? For the lifestyle of course! While you are enjoying your days off overseas, your family could be enjoying all the exotic delights the western suburbs have to offer! They will feel right at home regardless of wether they feel more at home in the middle east, or the orient! Why not put them on a train down to the beach side suburb of Cronulla to get their Red neck fix, or maybe they could catch the train to Cabramatta to get whatever fix they desire? :ok: Yes, Sydney, the city of choices!

Or maybe the tax will attract you! Only 49 cents in the dollar! It won't worry you when you are bumped back to FO in 3 years though, you wont make the threshold. Something to aspire too! :ok:

Or how about the housing allowance? Yep, they allow you to buy your own!

Or maybe the christmas and new years bonus? They will allow you to work on both days! But because you are overseas, it is classified as having the day off! Lucky you! Also, because you are not working while you are overseas, ie using up your days off in a slip port, you should pay for your own hotel!

Or how about your travel fund? The company will allow you to travel to and from work at your own expense! Not bad!

But wait, there is more, your provident fund. Jester prefer to look at it as salary sacrifice. Its pretty simple, they let you pay for your endorsement, and you get to sacrifice your salary! :8 It is just a win win! (For Joyce). Of
course all contributions to top up Dixon and Joyces bonuses will also be salary deductable.

Get in quickly, these spots are filling fast!!! :ok:

OK 3 wire
9th May 2006, 09:56
With 4000 hrs command on the big bus and being an examiner I'll come back for AUD400,000 a year, otherwise I recall the words from the Castle, " tell them there dreamin' "

UNOME
9th May 2006, 10:08
Funbags

Quite right, I stand corrected. Capts net AUD7200 F/Os AUD5200. (Tax is now only 45 cents in the dollar.)

I copped a razz on the other Asian forum for asking the above question. No malice or private agender here. I am simply interested to know if 700 expats are being interviewed by Jetstar, or if it is BS.

Things must be pretty bad o/s if this is true!

TruBlu351
10th May 2006, 05:03
Funbags

Quite right, I stand corrected. Capts net AUD7200 F/Os AUD5200. (Tax is now only 45 cents in the dollar.)

New federal budget released last night...........

Not that this sweetens the deal, but the new tax bracket will be "only" :} 40% from $75,000 to $150,000. Then it's 45% above that.

It equates to around an extra $5,200 in your pocket if you're on 150K.

When will they bring in 15% across the board? :suspect: That would be 30K in the pocket!

Near Miss
18th May 2006, 07:23
Little Johnny can’t afford to drop the tax rate down to 15%. If he did he would not be able to buy all those cool toys and go play with George W in the sand pit. :mad:

Ejector
3rd Jun 2006, 04:57
Elroy,

"Or maybe the christmas and new years bonus? They will allow you to work on both days! But because you are overseas, it is classified as having the day off! Lucky you! Also, because you are not working while you are overseas, ie using up your days off in a slip port, you should pay for your own hotel!"

Do you mean that they plan to call days on a layover as rostered days off? Surley not????

BalusKaptan
3rd Jun 2006, 11:20
As yet from the CX camp I haven't heard of anyone even thinking about going let alone having applied and personally with what is on offer why would you?

Elroy Jettson
4th Jun 2006, 00:11
Ejector, yes they can. Sad but true... Jester guys will tell you that it is not the intent of the wording of the award, but it is in there in black and white. Will try and find the quote for you...

Not really the quote I was looking for, but. This the wording they actually signed of on... Can you believe it?

25.1.3 “You will be rostered free of duty at your Home Base for minimum of 9 designated days off in 6 roster periods and 10 rostered days off in 6 roster periods. The minimum number of days off in a roster period for a pilot will be notified to the pilot no later than before the end of the preceding period.”
Not only is there the scope for the company to call your days in slip days off, they only have to give you a total of 9 days off over six months! The JPC are running around saying that this is not the original intent of the document, and the company will honour it! More fool them, the company will shaft them the first chance they get, and I am sure deep down these guys know it, so I only hope they are doing their pelvic floor exercises, cause it is gonna hurt! :sad:

Have watched the mainline managers use the "Not the original intent" arguement adnausium to part our cheeks, both longhaul and shorthaul. But jester think they will be immuned because they are good boys and will sign anything? :hmm: "Hey, I've got this bridge in the UK for sale!"

Team America
4th Jun 2006, 03:34
Elroy, not that I am defending a CoS which is designed to screw the industry, but the interpretation of:

25.1.3 “You will be rostered free of duty at your Home Base for minimum of 9 designated days off in 6 roster periods and 10 rostered days off in 6 roster periods. The minimum number of days off in a roster period for a pilot will be notified to the pilot no later than before the end of the preceding period.”

Means that in one year (12 roster periods) 6 months will have 9 days of DDO's and the other 6 months will be rostered with 10 DDO's = 94 DDO's per year.

But as you pointed out they can give you those down route. :(

Elroy Jettson
4th Jun 2006, 04:31
Agreed. That was the "INTENT" Team America, but if you gave that sentence to a grade six english student for a comprehension test, or a lawyer, would be interesting to see the result.

Could also be used in the QF stage 1! :)