PDA

View Full Version : Self-sponsored Airline Pilot

er1cw
8th May 2006, 05:42
Hi all,

It's not easy to become a Airline's pilot, especially for a self-sponsored CPL/IR pilot with 200 to 250 hours, a convergent duct are often used to descripe CPL/IR holder wanting to become an Airline pilot. So, Im wondering if we have any self-sponsored CPL/IR pilot who sucessfully make it to the Airline's flight deck ? If yes please share your story with us and please include your age and region.

OBK!
8th May 2006, 13:44
Put it this way, there are far more self sponsored then there are fully sponsored.

er1cw
8th May 2006, 14:20
really? what do we hav to do to be an airline pilot after completion of the CPL/IR course with 200 hours ?

OBK!
8th May 2006, 14:23
Well if you're at that stage, what are you doing now to help yourself?

er1cw
8th May 2006, 14:38
I donno.. im doing my final year Diploma in Aeronautics, currently thinking to acquire my CPL/IR ( ATPL ) in Australia after my diploma studies, however im getting nervous because ive heard too many stories that CPL holders cant find a flying job.

OBK!
8th May 2006, 14:46
The diploma will help but you've got to have a really good plan with plenty of backups. You could easily find a job in aviation with the diploma whilst doing your CPL/IR. I'm not sure what the market is like for low hour pilots in Australia.

er1cw
8th May 2006, 15:17
How about those flying school in UK ? What are the cost like ? Any recommendation ?