PDA

View Full Version : Pilot politicians

TLAW
8th May 2006, 01:09
Just out of curiousity, anyone have any idea how many currently serving senators and members federal parliament are qualified pilots?

drshmoo
8th May 2006, 02:00
yeah but how many are qualified politicians:cool: . I remember when I was in Kununurra several years ago slinging coffees, I met Senator Ross Lightfoot and he was talking to me at length about fying C182s

chief wiggum
8th May 2006, 04:00
Certainly NOT :
Andersen,
Truss
Beazley
Howard.

I think that having ANY idea about aviation would preclude you from selection to the Ministry of Transport, Defence, treasury etc.

disco_air
8th May 2006, 04:48
The Hon. Graham Gunn MP - SA State Member for Stuart is one.

Still wanted quotes for the Baron off me though!

...Disco

Bob Murphie
8th May 2006, 05:20
google David Fawcett, Member for Wakefield SA.

Very impressive aviation background.

OZBUSDRIVER
8th May 2006, 09:52
The member for Farrer.

The Hon Sussan Ley MP

Both CPL and ATC.

EDIT- Can only add one MLC for Vic. The Hon. Gordon Rich-Philips MLC for Eummemering
CPL MECIR and AOPA member

Enema Bandit's Dad
8th May 2006, 10:08
I remember when Peter Morris actually went and learnt to fly to enhance his understanding of aviation when he was the minister.

Desert Flower
8th May 2006, 11:02
The Hon. Graham Gunn MP - SA State Member for Stuart is one.

He is indeed, but I haven't seen him piloting an aircraft himself for some years. Maybe he is no longer current.

DF.

Desert Duck
9th May 2006, 22:00
Only one problem with political jokes -

They often get elected.

Gordon Rich-Phillips
11th May 2006, 10:15
Yes, OZBUSDRIVER, I am both pilot and politican. Still current, and I even read PPRUNE occasionally. :)

OZBUSDRIVER
11th May 2006, 11:42
Onya Gordon:ok:

Pinky the pilot
12th May 2006, 02:41
Desert Flower; Given the comments made recently by the member for Stuart re the incidents at a rodeo some time ago, I suspect it would be a good idea if the member remained 'no longer current'

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.