PDA

View Full Version : No ATPL, still hope?

Northernaviator
7th May 2006, 15:15
Hi all! I am one of those who havent gotten their ATPL. What I have is a CPL/IR/ME with 750 tt. Can anybody tell me, is there still hope or am I a lost cause!

Have a good one...
Northernaviator

zooloflyer
7th May 2006, 15:39
There's hope! You could fly as FO on single pilot certified aircraft in air taxi service, where there is a requirement for multi crew.

For the moment there's the Citation Jet, a whole bunch of Cessna piston twins (414, 421, etc) and in the near future the Very Light Jet revolution - fi Eclipse 500 - where there will be a huge need for pilots and I guess it will be fun to fly those migthy machines all over Europe or wherever you are located.

Good luck!

A320rider
7th May 2006, 20:13
unfortunatli,no hope for you unless you buy my ATPL for 40'000$.

Stil dunno if the CAA will acept I sell you this useles piece of toilet paper called blue licens.they try to get more $ from us...

Olof
7th May 2006, 20:20
Do you have an MCC course? if not, it could be a good idea to get one. 750 TT should get you somewhere. Applied to Wideroe?

Northernaviator
8th May 2006, 13:31
Well, I did apply to wideroe a year ago, and I got the application form which I sent them. After that no word. I do not have a mcc course, and since money dont grow on my trees I am kinda reluctant to use money on something that will not give me any job anyway! Some people say you need ATPL, some say MCC, some say more hours, some say patience. My motivation isn`t the big airliner job. I guess I am one of the few! I just want to leave earth a couple of times, to feel happy! Hopefully also make a living out of it! Air taxi, charter, corporate, small airlines is what I consider dreamjobs! Well, there you have my motivation! Ofcourse I would jump on any possibility to fly, big or small airplane!I would appreciate any advise and thanks for the ones that have already come my way! I would like to hear if there are others as well that are in the same motivation and experiance group!

Have a good one...
Northernaviator

Olof
8th May 2006, 21:10
Unless you have experience from multi crew operation you will never get a job without an MCC course. You'll be stuck with single crew jobs...