PDA

View Full Version : UK medical requirements for 'N' registered A/C

cptcollins
7th May 2006, 01:47
Hi,

I was wondering, what medical do you need in order to fly 'N' / 'VP' (FAA law) registered aircraft in the UK? Would you need a JAA Class 1 medical to operate these aircraft into and out of the UK or do you just require an FAA First Class?

Cheers

Jimmy The Big Greek
7th May 2006, 14:39
You need a FAA medical certificate

cptcollins
7th May 2006, 17:12
But you don't need a JAA Class 1 right? Even if the N registered aircraft is based in the UK?

Jimmy The Big Greek
7th May 2006, 21:56
Nope, no JAA medical required.
If its N registered aircraft you can ONLY fly with current and valid FAA licenses and medical certificates. Doesn't matter where the aircraft is based. I am 100% sure of this.

cptcollins
8th May 2006, 06:16
Magic thanks for the info!

Mark 1
8th May 2006, 16:25
As I understood it; if you have a US airmans certificate issued on the basis of another ICAO licence, then you only need the medical to be valid for the original licence.
Its been a few years since I did this, but that was certainly the case when I had mine issued by the Las Vegas regional office.

Martin1234
9th May 2006, 17:43
I have heard that they want you to meet the requirements of the equivalent JAA medical but you dont need to hold that certificate. This is just so people who fail their CAA Class 2 medical certificate register the aircraft in the states and obtain an FAA medical class 3. I am not sure about this, but I can recall that Ive read it somewhere.