PDA

View Full Version : What did I see ?

G-AVIN
6th May 2006, 20:13
Mixing with all the commercial traffic over Berry Head/Torbay heading North on the 5/5/2006 at about 12:30 I noticed (through binoculars)a twin jet with swept wings and very prominent endplate fins (tail lets ? !) on the tailplane.It also appeard to have amn "odd" shaped fuselage.
Could it have been an Airbus "Beluga" or do I need an eye test ? :confused:

Oshkosh George
8th May 2006, 10:59
Your guess sounds good to me. Possibly heading up to Broughton/Hawarden from Toulouse?

G-AVIN
8th May 2006, 20:11
Thank you Oshkosh George,a considerable amount of traffic is obvious around late morning/lunchtime overhead,twinjets and four engined aircraft but it is the first time I have noticed anthing "odd".
Looking at a GA chart it appears I live under two major airways which would explain a lot !

Gavin

captain_flynn
10th May 2006, 01:01
I never knew the Beluga flew over our part of the UK. I'll have to keep a lookout from now on.

Huyin
10th May 2006, 08:54
Just noted this Thread so somewhat slow in response
The Beluga is an "ad hoc " regular on this route.It used to appear weekly on the same day but is now unpredictable.As I recall,I also saw it on the 5th as there were three aircraft together heading North at that time, the third being an Easy Jet.Past experience used to indicate that a Northbound transit in the morning led to a slower & lower return in the late afternoon (still climbing to final cruising level?)

G-AVIN
10th May 2006, 20:31
Thank you Huyin ,the fact that the three aircraft were all heading North and appeared quite close together(though not vertically !) was what caught my eye in the first place.