PDA

View Full Version : Medical History @ Class 1

akindofmagic
5th May 2006, 23:13
A few years ago I suffered from what I then believed to be migraine, and was prescribed Migraleve, Imigran, Naramig and finally Co-Dydramol & Metaclopromide (to handle the pain and nausea, rather than the root cause). The triptan medicines and Migraleve had no effect, so it seems that the original diagnosis may well have been wrong, and I am now sure that I was suffering from stress-related headaches. I have subsequently been free of attacks for 5 years or so. My question is whether or not the CAA will get access to my medical notes through my GP, and therefore whether the diagnosis of migraine will automatically preclude me from Class 1 certification.

Cheers for any advice.

niknak
5th May 2006, 23:44
When you have your initial medical you are required to provide a past history of medical conditions, but I can't remember if there is a time limit, ie 5 years etc, on previous conditions.
You would be wise to declare it anyway as the CAA Medical Branch have the right to access your medical records, but they are obliged to take into account your GPs opinion, and if you haven't suffered any problems for 5 years or so, I doubt that they'd hold it against you.

Oh that's super!
6th May 2006, 18:34
Declare it on your medical (that is, if required - can't remember the questions on the CAA medical) and take it from there.

By the way, not all migraines are resolved by triptans, so their failing to work is not a guarantee that it wasn't a migraine.