PDA

View Full Version : Qantas overseas bases

qantas2006
5th May 2006, 10:39
anyone know whats qantas is going to do when Aus EBA is up next year will they do contracts again in sydney 2007

mostie
5th May 2006, 12:31
The lizard that runs our company has recently stated via press release that they are going to increase the "de-Australianization Program" of qantas's workforce.

The howard governments IR laws are tailor made to this end as it was dixon who, [amongst others] helped direct the intent behind the legislation.

Are you asking when, and if, QF will ever employ Australian based cabin crew?

My bet?

Never.

But don't worry. Thats OK.

howard and his 'big end of town" mates are creating the kind of society the Australian voter wants.......

frank foxworth
5th May 2006, 17:11
Correct Mostie.
"The Spirit of Australia" slogan just took on a frightening new meaning with the passing of the Howard Govt's new IR legislation .

Dicko's $200K contribution to the Business Council Of Australia to support that legislation and it insidious effects on QF workers conditions , demands either a removal of the slogan from QF aircraft or a redefinition of just what is "TSOA"
To me it always meant " a fair go for all "
Now i fear it has a more sinister meaning .
Maybe "The Mean spirit Of Australia" may be more appropriate.

qf 1
5th May 2006, 20:59
i'm sorry to say that it still is the spirit of australia as the australian public did give the maggot a mandate in the last election,this is what the australian public want and now they have got it according to his powers in the senate

QFinsider
5th May 2006, 22:15
Worthy of mention is that these ohh so important changes to the IR landscape were not mentioned prior to the last election!:mad:

webber1
6th May 2006, 12:02
We all live in a democracy.
It's what the people wanted so it's what the people will get.
So every one now bend over and be democatically shafted from behind and try and learn something from this whole episode.

Taildragger67
6th May 2006, 14:06
Frank -

Maybe they use the slogan 'The Spirit of Australia'... because it's becoming Australian in spirit only??!!