PDA

View Full Version : Caboolture 'hard landing'

Capt. Wingdrop
4th May 2006, 23:42
Anyone know what happened this morning at Caboolture. Aparently there were only minor injuries after the aircraft 'nose dived' to the ground. Of course I'm using what the media said...

Was it one of our recreational aircraft cousins?

John Eacott
5th May 2006, 00:43
Report from another pilot who was overhead, 20 minutes after the event. Looked like some sort of warbird (Ryan?), upside down at the intersection of the runways (off the runway). Crew medevac'd out, (broken leg?) that's all I know.

puff
5th May 2006, 10:38
Aircraft involved was VH-DBD. Pilot very well known. Some photos of the damage on the courier mail website. Glad he got out ok(ish)

Chimbu chuckles
5th May 2006, 11:01
Get well soon mate...sorry about the Ryan...she looks finished.:sad:

Ultralights
5th May 2006, 11:53
yes, saw the photos on the news! very lucky to be alive, Prop ended up in the cockpit! it was the son of the founder of Kendal airlines, he is upset about destroying a beautiful aircraft his father owned. (as quoted on the tv)

by looking at the pics, the side of the fuse was covered in oil that had been streaming past the cockpit, so it looks like some kind of catastrophic engine failure might have been the cause. but glad he is alive and reasonably good condition after the accident.

Macrohard
5th May 2006, 12:58
Is the pilot ex AN, now with Air Pacific?

puff
5th May 2006, 22:24
Yes macro, his name was released on last nights news as well.

Chimbu chuckles
6th May 2006, 02:42
And ex Talair...a good Guy:ok:

Chief Chook
6th May 2006, 12:57
I think you can take a little break.

Woomera

vhxxxx
6th May 2006, 20:43
Theres always one sick bloke that brings up 89.Heres a fellow aviator that was almost killed flying an antique aircraft when the engine failed and CHOOK HEAD goes on about 89.? Wheres the professionalism. Glad that your OK Guy, sorry about the ryan.

Woomera
7th May 2006, 01:54
Chief Chook is having a 4 day break to think about things:mad:

Anyone else tempted in a like manner will be treated identically.