PDA

View Full Version : VS A346 @ LKPR

Seloco
4th May 2006, 23:10
I was rather surprised to see one of Branson's largest toys on a gate at Prague this evening. Closer inspection revealed that an entire cul-de-sac at T1 had been taken over as a film set for the latest Bond film. An OK A310 and a couple of 737s were in on the act too, as well as several buses with "Miami International Airport" on the side, and a variety of american fuel bowsers and other vehicles.

It got me wondering whether VS get paid to lend the film company their Airbus for a few days, or whether they get it for free in return for "product placement" screen time? Can't be a cheap exercise.......

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
5th May 2006, 00:27
I was rather surprised to see one of Branson's largest toys on a gate at Prague this evening. Closer inspection revealed that an entire cul-de-sac at T1 had been taken over as a film set for the latest Bond film. An OK A310 and a couple of 737s were in on the act too, as well as several buses with "Miami International Airport" on the side, and a variety of american fuel bowsers and other vehicles.
It got me wondering whether VS get paid to lend the film company their Airbus for a few days, or whether they get it for free in return for "product placement" screen time? Can't be a cheap exercise.......

Wouldn't be surprised if Virgin did it for free, or used the flying time as training time. But the film company may cover a bit of the fuel. Looks like it is due back to LHR around 10am on Friday. G-VWIN by the looks of it.

angels
5th May 2006, 08:24
Product placement has been the rage -- especially in Bond films -- for some time now.

I have no inside knowledge, but I would say that the plane was lent for free. Getting your gear into a Bond movie will have your advertising guru heading off into Trap 3 for a quick hand shandy!