PDA

View Full Version : Running and Flying...... go to WARR

Pointer
4th May 2006, 12:52
There must be a lot of pilots out there that do try to stay in shape...? (a little bit like me) well i just put this here to see if there are any takers on the subject.

Mod's this has to do with health but if you think otherwise, feel freeeeee to move it to an obscure corner of PPrune :hmm:

About 3yrs ago i was involved with running in Slowakia, with Skyeurope, we entered in a race called W.A.R.R. (http://www.worldairlineroadrace.org) wich is short for World Airline Road Race. As it turned out it's a global event, yearly organised (Jim Batten is the lead in this, sorry for putting your name here jim ;) ) and now running for the 25th year. airlines from all corners of this globe come to the event, and last year it was in Calgary and this year it's going to be in Amsterdam.

it is completely on voluntairy basis.

so if your airline does not have a team yet, (it might, since most of the legacy airlines have a team) you can form a team and get someone in the commercial dept. to put up some T-shirt money.

i will be surely making it this year, i could not last :{ , So hope to see you there.