PDA

View Full Version : TV documentary on DeHavilland Comet

DSP Nathan
4th May 2006, 09:56
Hello All,

I am seeking surviving relatives of the passengers and crew who tragically lost their lives aboard BOAC Comet G-ALYP, on 10 January, 1954, for a television documentary programme. I would also like to contact anyone involved in the 1954 Royal Aircraft Establishment investigation into the accidents involving ‘Yoke Peter’ and ‘Yoke Yoke’. This documentary programme about the 1954 Comet accidents will form part of the internationally respected science series ‘Seconds From Disaster’ for the National Geographic Channel. It is being produced by the award-winning British production company Darlow Smithson Productions.

If you have any information, please don’t hesitate to contact me by email at: [email protected].

Thank you.

John Farley
4th May 2006, 17:49
You could have a problem Nathan

If you do an advanced search covering 22 August 2002 you will find all about what the professionals thought about what happened after they allowed themselves to take part in the Chan 4 documentary on the same subject

I know DSP have a good reputation (indeed I have worked with them and not lived to regret the day) but you need to do your homework on the aftermath of the above Chan 4 programme before you approach anybody from DH and elswhere who is actually in a position to help you arrive at an unbiased account.

About the only way I feel you could even make a start is to say up front that your aim is to put the record straight after the Chan 4 account.

JF

ATR42300
5th May 2006, 12:04
I could not agree more with the comments of John Farley.

The gross distortions of the comments the late John Cunningham made were appalling and I understand from his biography he was mortified in the way he was misrepresented!

Cameratwo
7th May 2006, 06:30
I could not agree more with the comments of John Farley.

The gross distortions of the comments the late John Cunningham made were appalling and I understand from his biography he was mortified in the way he was misrepresented!

Forgive my ignorance, but when did we lose John Cunningham?

Cameratwo
7th May 2006, 06:56
Just Googled the answer to my own question, I can't believe I missed the news of the passing of such a great man.