PDA

View Full Version : Color vision test for USAF?

brynnb
4th May 2006, 04:28
I wasn't sure if I should use this or one of the wanna-be forums. I figured I would get a much better response here, though.

I just barely passed the color vision test for my 1st class aviation medical (first one I've ever taken). However, I've taken color vision tests in the past and have failed them. I got 12/15, which was 2 away from failing. Doing so well was mostly in part because I've studied and taken so many of those dot-matrix tests and knew what numbers to expect.

Does the USAF require a perfect score in order to fly, or just a passing one?

Gainesy
4th May 2006, 06:39
There are not many USAF people on this board, the USAF-orientated site below will get you an answer though.
http://www.dynamictruth.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=1&submit=Go

US Herk
4th May 2006, 18:41
I wasn't sure if I should use this or one of the wanna-be forums. I figured I would get a much better response here, though.

I just barely passed the color vision test for my 1st class aviation medical (first one I've ever taken). However, I've taken color vision tests in the past and have failed them. I got 12/15, which was 2 away from failing. Doing so well was mostly in part because I've studied and taken so many of those dot-matrix tests and knew what numbers to expect.

Does the USAF require a perfect score in order to fly, or just a passing one?
I don't think a perfect score is required, but be advised, there is a new test out - quite challenging & I've got perfect color vision! Most of the docs I've spoken to believe it's Brooks' way of gathering data for next generation eye-tracking targeting systems & night-vision compatible colors...