PDA

View Full Version : HZ-123 and G-BEPS at Southend

r3500vdp
2nd May 2006, 12:58
Plans and efforts were underway for both the Belfast G-BEPS and the Boeing 707 HZ-123 to be brought back to airworthy condition but am not sure if those will still happen. Any update would be much appreciated.

HZ123
3rd May 2006, 06:25
You are probably aware of these details but HZ was inspected Jan / Feb and passed with flying colours. BEPS has been re-wired last year and still has three of its four engines on and rumours are that work will recommence this summer. The 707 is rumoured to have some hangar time during the summer and it was hinted that it would be ready for a ferry flight early 2007. A contact in Aussie confirmed much of this and also an allocated VH reg. I was able to have a good exterior look around the Belfast last September and it appeared to be in reasonable condition and few signs of its 3 years parking. I suppose it will only get the required work done when the flying one comes close to expiring. Anyone know how many hours it has left?

r3500vdp
3rd May 2006, 12:11
Thanks a lot, as always, for the quick feedback. I knew HZ-123 was going to the VH register but the the planned hangar time is good news.