PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick - "Summer Special Parking"

WHBM
2nd May 2006, 09:40
I had the misfortune to accidentally book into the "Summer Special Parking" at Gatwick. Meant to book into the "normal" long term car park on the BAA website but my Internet browser somehow lined up the book parking icon for this one alongside the entry above on the webpage. Hey ho, it shouldn't have made a difference anyway.

Directions were misleading. Much further away than you are led to believe. However key issue was poor bus service. We waited for ever for it to leave, so much so that the previous bus we had just missed did the round trip to the terminal and was back long before we got going. We managed to get checked in for our flight before cutoff but another couple on the bus missed theirs.

Anyone know who at BAA do I write to about this ? I can't see an address for customer servie on their website.

Wycombe
2nd May 2006, 10:48
I've used it once and wouldn't again. The Car Park used is way out West of the Cargo area at LGW if I remember correct is and a long way from the Terminals.

It operates like "valet parking" in that you leave the car at the entrance and it is shoe-horned away for you. When I used it, there was a *huge* row going on at the reception with a guy claiming his car has been damaged. Staff didn't want to know - "it's at your own risk etc etc".

Last time I used LGW (Feb this year) I paid in advance on the BAA website for the "standard" Parking Express Long Term at the S Terminal, and got 15 days for £62, which I thought was quite reasonable.

It operates on number plate recognition, so no need to even get out of the car on entry/exit if it all works correctly.

Durelli
5th May 2006, 12:18
I used Gatwick Parking over Easter. I'm not a fan of the so called Valet parking which cut out alot of the choice. Basically there was one at North and one at South. I was flying from South, but ended up parking at North Terminal which was over 35 quid cheaper. Connection to south terminal was less than 5 minutes using the free train.

So if I use Gatwick again I will certainly look at the same thing.

Durelli

newswatcher
8th May 2006, 08:00
I have often used a company at Gatwick, which meets me at either terminal and whisks my car away, and I always get it back undamaged! Cost £72.50 for fortnight.

I use a different firm at Heathrow. Costs me £80 for two weeks!

If anyone wants the details, drop me a PM.:ok: