PDA

View Full Version : Peregrine/Scottish Malt/Heliscot/United Biscuits

Kiltie
30th Apr 2006, 17:48
As a child I have many memories of the all blue colour scheme Peregrine charter aircraft at Inverness in the early eighties.

I seem to remember their fleet was quite extensive for a light charter operator, namely Cessna 404, several Aztecs, Twin Comanche and even an old Beech Travelair.

What lead to the closure of this company? I seem to remember a name change to Aberdeen Airways utilising Gulfstream 1s just before "the end".

Was NW one of the pilot managers? He flew for Air Atlantique on the C47 Dakota latterly.

Also is IA who used to fly the Scottish Malt Distillers Aztec G-BAPL still around? I remember this operating from Mundole which was a fine little tarmac strip with a big hangar, used by Sir Hector Laing of United Biscuits plc with his King Air, still around today but not been used for aircraft in over twenty years I would think.

Sadly I understand Francis Chamberlain, the colourful character who ran Heliscot aerial spraying company with two Hiller UH12s, a Saro Skeeter and a Skycraft Scout microlight from Inverness passed away recently.

Any stories or memories welcomed with interest.

sailor
1st May 2006, 10:18
I understand NW has finished aviating now - we were on the same course together@ LoO many moons ago.
Wasin Dundee flying G-ANNO and G-AZHA at that time!
:) IA was @ Lossiemouth when I was there too; small world -aviation!:cool: