PDA

View Full Version : One Year And Counting

6feetunder
30th Apr 2006, 15:56
Today marks the first aniversary of The Cathay Pilots Union (http://www.cathaypilotsunion.org/)

The achievements this group has made in such a short time are immense. Before the end of July this year Cathay Pacific will be required to present themselves in the UK Employment Tribunal to answer for their actions on July 9th 2001. In a few short months they will be required to respond to three very serious complaints in the courts in Hong Kong. Not only that they are still facing action in the US. None of this would have happened without the dedication and support of those that chose the right way. Those that did should be very proud.

In time it will become clear which organisation truly represents the best interests of the pilots in Hong Kong. The HKAOA is again what it once was, a video club with access to cheap insurance. Basically a lame duck when it comes to protecting the contract. Why are the likes of the General Secretary and his staff still collecting a paycheque? To get more pay cuts?

Think about it.

BusyB
30th Apr 2006, 16:42
6'

How disingenious can you be. It is actually thanks to the many pilots that have contributed to the support for the 49'ers and the legals and those who continue to do so be they in the CPU, the AOA or neither (I know pilots in all 3 positions).

I don't mind if you want to praise the CPU but make sure you give credit where its really due.

Oh, and if you want to know what IFALPA membership through the AOA is worth to you I suggest you ask the United Airlines crew who ran into trouble in Shanghai.