PDA

View Full Version : Sim check in a 737-700

Mooneyboy
30th Apr 2006, 14:34
Hi everyone,

I might have a sim ride coming up and I think it maybe in a 737-700. I did my MCC in a 737-400 and know the N1 and pitch settings for various speeds and configurations. Does anyone know whether the 737-700 is majorly different and where I could find the N1 and pitch settings for it. Also would anyone have any particular tips on flying the 737-700. Any help much appreciated.

Best regards,

Mooneyboy:ok:

regor
30th Apr 2006, 16:02
Yes the B737-700 is majorly different from the -400. It has a completely different wing and consequently the performance and handling is very different to the classic.

If you are doing a sim' check they should provide you with the relevant datums for the type you are flying otherwise it's a bit unfair!

SplashDown
30th Apr 2006, 17:46
Moonyboy,

Give me a day or two and I'll provide you with some handy pitch/power settings for the 700.

One difference is that there is no longer any set speeds like the 400 for flap settings. Speeds are pulled from the FMS based on the gross weight. Its better than the non NG's as its just a matter of setting the speed bug to the particular flap setting on the PFD speed tape and lowering/raise the flap.

PM me if its for a particular company I might know ;)

All the best!

Splashdown

Mooneyboy
30th Apr 2006, 19:56
I did'nt realise the 737 700 was quite a bit different to the 400 I think a bit more reading up on the different types is something I will be doing tonight. I'm pretty sure they ll provide the right settings as I agree it would be very unfair to find out during the sim ride.

Splashdown check you PM's.

Kind regards,

Mooneyboy:ok: