PDA

View Full Version : CATOVAIR

Marc Aurel
30th Apr 2006, 09:59
Bonjour, je cherche des informations sur cette compagnie mauricienne, salaire, ambiance, flotte, futur, encadrement, management?

A vous.

discus2
1st May 2006, 18:37
Management a eviter...Ambiance de negriers incompetents.:mad: :ouch: :}

Marc Aurel
5th May 2006, 05:54
Discus 2 peux tu nous en dire plus? cela devient interressant, ils en parlent sur pilot expat mais je ne peux pas me loger pour le moment. Il parait que c'est chaude ambiance en ce moment....

Lima Oscar
5th May 2006, 13:30
je sais qu'ils ont un Beech 1900 qui est chez BCA à Bron en ce moment !

BN2
8th May 2006, 13:46
Bonjour,

Qui est le Chef Pilote de Catovair ? on m a parle de qq un pas tres recommandable :uhoh: ? mais Maurice ca peut etre sympa, ils ont deja un BE-1900 et un second a Bron ? Des infos sur la boite sont les bienvenues !
Merci.
BN2

matoto
10th May 2006, 18:00
Un chef pilote bien au contraire tres recommandable, Tres sympa, un pilote et une personne comme on aimerait en voir plus souvent :ok: . Chez Catovair le probleme est aillieur mais bon la suis tenue a une certaine reserve.

discus2
11th May 2006, 18:39
Je confirme, le chef pilote est en or!
Si seulement il n y avait que des gens comme lui dans notre milieu!
Le 2 eme avion est arrive. 6 pilotes sont partis sur 9 . Sale ambiance...

rduarte
14th May 2006, 13:58
J aimerai savoir si Jean Hosseni est toujours chez Catovair ? :ok:

bzhpilot
14th May 2006, 15:56
No Jean ne travaille plus chez Catovair, mais il est toujours à l'ile maurice...

rduarte
15th May 2006, 11:22
merci,:ok:

discus2
15th May 2006, 18:16
Jean est maintenant captain ATR chez Air Mauritius

rduarte
15th May 2006, 22:08
Si quelqu un peut me PM son contact (e-mail , skype,nº phone ou msm)je remercie.

A+

RD :ok:

dingduck2
19th May 2006, 11:09
Salut Matoto - Discuss2 ! Les Embraer c'est pour quand? vous conf que le 2eme B1900 part pour Mada ? thanks.:cool:

Springbok 495
2nd Jun 2006, 16:52
Bonsoir!!!!

Ca va? Im from South Africa.:O
I unfortunatly do not speak French, but I am trying!!!

Ive got a CPL with Multi turbine IR rating and ive done ratings on the King Air B200 and Beachcraft 1900. I would like to send my CV to Catovair in Mauritius. Can anyone please tell me whom to contact or what the email adress is? S"IL VOUS PLAIT!:)

Hope anyone can help me...

zorglub
3rd Jun 2006, 15:39
For you the best is Air Mauritius, they are lookink for CPT and FO for the ATR fleet ( without type rating).
Try to be in contact to the SA mafia in air mauritius for that!
Good luck

DanNissa
6th Jun 2006, 18:31
Chez Catovair le management est tenu par quelqu`un qui a fait la prison auparavant.Ce mec a sa propre boite en Europe qui s`appelle DAR et qui vends des manuels recopies d`ex-Airlines et peut-etre Twin Jet a Catovair.Une de ses femme en est la responsable.Il ne sait faire qu`avec un B1900.
6 sur 9 pilotes ont quitte la boite...
On ne peux que prier que les proprietaires de la boite y voient un peu clair.
Un vieux dicton...on peux emmener un ane a la riviere mais on ne peut l`obliger a boire de l`eau....
A bon entendeur...Salut

Soft Ride
7th Jun 2006, 15:38
Bonsoir!!!!

Ca va? Im from South Africa.:O
I unfortunatly do not speak French, but I am trying!!!

Ive got a CPL with Multi turbine IR rating and ive done ratings on the King Air B200 and Beachcraft 1900. I would like to send my CV to Catovair in Mauritius. Can anyone please tell me whom to contact or what the email adress is? S"IL VOUS PLAIT!:)

Hope anyone can help me...

I strongly advise yiu to avoid this catovair company, and anyway they won't even look at your resume because they can't really spek english They are just useless
But for sure, send your resume right away to Air Mauritius, they have at this stage 3 slots for initial rating on the ATR, Captain and F/O

dingduck2
9th Jun 2006, 14:00
Hi Dan nissa ! No **** ! are they really trying that hard to overdo the MK mafia? You have awakened our curiosity ... please tell us more!:eek: :eek:

DanNissa
10th Jun 2006, 14:41
It appears that those Beech1900D have costed 4 million dollars piece. The deal has been suggested and sealed by the GM(DAR) and the company owners had no choice only to accept since they know nothing in aviation but have lots of money.
They have two of them.And guess what???? The salesman of these aircrafts are the buddies/partners of the GM hence......holding hands under the table...or swiss bank account...:rolleyes:

Deeply feel sorry for the owners....:ugh:

dingduck2
12th Jun 2006, 09:17
Thanks DanNissa! I wouldn't worry about them they'll squeeze it from somewhere else !:E :E :E
Wot's the story about the Embraer jets then?

discus2
12th Jun 2006, 21:05
The Embraer was one of their fantasy, part of the scam given to IBL as a catcher.
They now have a second B190D sitting in Madagascar for over a month which has not flown a single hour !
Again no deal was secured there, just BS given to holding group for it to invest.
They are desperatly trying to get charter med /evacs runs through subcontract from a local outfit. So far, the market has been over estimated...(again)
The RRG-MRu flights have been downsized lately due to lack of Pax, while even full loads would have made them loose tremendous amounts of money.
French civil aviation has also turned down charter 6 months permit to ZSE due to ecclectic political situation.
Maurician governements does not seem to be keen on granting them a designation as Mauritian carrier towards schedules flights. Hence, the french permit rejection , most likely again, under political/econ Pressure from UU + very poor loads this winter season ( thanx to chikungaya)
First signs of the flu...
How IBl is going to get out of this situtation is the million dollar question.
Poorly planned and managed by well known Europeans ( for their huge success back a few years :} ) from day one.
The all thing is spiraling down to an economic catastrophy.
Indeed,sad for all the dedicated mauritians who have invested money, time and energy in this promising project.
They'll be the ones suffering at the end of the day.

Soft Ride
13th Jun 2006, 04:21
The Embraer was one of their fantasy, part of the scam given to IBL as a catcher.
They now have a second B190D sitting in Madagascar for over a month which has not flown a single hour !
Again no deal was secured there, just BS given to holding group for it to invest.
They are desperatly trying to get charter med /evacs runs through subcontract from a local outfit. So far, the market has been over estimated...(again)
The RRG-MRu flights have been downsized lately due to lack of Pax, while even full loads would have made them loosing tremendous amounts of money.
French civil aviation has also turned down charter 6 months permit to ZSE due to ecclectic political situation.
Maurician governements does not seem to be keen on granting them a designation as Mauritian carrier towards schedules flights. Hence, the french permit rejection , most likely again, under political/econ Pressure from UU + very poor loads this winter season ( thanx to chikungaya)
First signs of the flu...
Poorly planned and managed by well known Europeans ( for their huge success back a few years :} ) from day one.
The all thing is spiraling down to economic catastrophy.
Indeed,sad for all the dedicated mauritians who had invested money, time and energy in this promising project.
They'll be the ones suffering at the end of the day.

Hi Discus2,

As you mentionned, EVERYBODY is suffering about this Mickey Mouse ops. conducted by a Belgian Project Manager, having jack clue about the Aviation business in this part of the world. This project could have been propped through different manners. They lost six pilots out of 9 in less than 45 days.
These guys also lost their time, money and other much better opportunities. Fortunately, I would say almost 100% of the mauritian staff will be transferred to one of the other 15 Business Unit of the IBL group. At least this group looks after their employees (National) which is more than normal. Some were transferred from other B.U to Catovair.

As usual it is sad to watch also a project ending up so badly because political issues ( we also noticed this kind of thing over Europe ).

Hopefully IBL will be able to get away from it, before it is too late.

To conlude, you have so many useless,noxious and incompetent people in aviation business who are a disgrace to this industry. They should be red-listed, especially that project manager who had serious difficulties in the past in Europe.

dingduck2
14th Jun 2006, 12:05
Thanks for the info Guys! And I thought CATOVAIR would be different from this cesspit I'm in now! (MK) . What to say , prospects for local pilots seems to get worse everyday.
Our MD stated that he will have 200 local pilots and 50 expats(opposite of actual situation) in the next 5 years:} :} :} no comments indeed...
Your comrade in suffering.
Ding duck

DanNissa
19th Jun 2006, 17:08
Y en a-t-il des nouvelles FRESH de la branche malgache de Catovair???Ont-ils enfin vole???:hmm:

dingduck2
21st Jun 2006, 06:06
Info xcheck says still not. Heard CATOVAIR manager there is a pilot (?...)
Check Discus2 posts.:cool:

discus2
22nd Jun 2006, 11:53
As far as I know, not a single flight done in Madagascar yet...
A sense of "concern" among the company'staff is growing...

discus2
28th Jun 2006, 12:45
Still not a flight in Madagascar...

DanNissa
2nd Jul 2006, 09:00
Heard that Catovair`s malgache based aircraft could be returning back to MRU earlier since they could not get one single flight in the DO NOT VENTURE IN TOO FAR operation.
Again confirming that IBL has been duped by the mercenary called DAR...:ugh: Shocked that he is still employed by IBL...Something fishy out there...

dingduck2
2nd Jul 2006, 11:57
How many pilots are actually left to ops CATOVAIR ?