PDA

View Full Version : CY - PFO

mrdavidcyprus
29th Apr 2006, 17:13
Nothing major, just doing my bit. APX 15:00 HRS 29/04/06. Inbound Thompson 767 EGKK? - PFO RWY 11 Cyprus. Go Around due to poor weather.

As the hot days near a end, the mist sets in from the sea. I heard a loud noise from an aircraft coming directly over the top of me flying out of the mist over the land. After flying over me, and the hotels on the beach the 767 banks hard stard and increased engine frust, wheels already down at this point. Tries to reline the aircraft up with the now visable runway as the a/c is down low enough out of the mist. Lots of thruttle play during this time, increase, decrease, the a/c was also all over the place, left right, right left and so on, abords take off, turns right, climbs for a go around, takes a very short final, comes in very low, and went out of my visable range and I take it made a safe landing.

Why do they never use the ILS at PFO? I've never heard an ils app on the scanner, always cleared for a visual app.
Attached a picture: Yellow is the normal app into PFO. Red is the 767 today.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/1268/pafos6et.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Hope I didn't bore you all!.. Take care.

Airline Tycoon
29th Apr 2006, 18:46
stard = ???
frust = thrust
reline = realign
thruttle = throttle
abords take off = ???

Why do they never use the ILS at PFO? = Because there isn't any ILS on RWY 11

Farrell
30th Apr 2006, 10:31
Tycoon.........play nice eh?;)

CAT3A
30th Apr 2006, 14:29
it wasnt a go around, most propably they change rwy from 29 to 11 and the pilots found them selfs a bit to high. They just done an orbit on finals
(not a big deal)....and the wx was fine yesterday at LCPH

mrdavidcyprus
30th Apr 2006, 17:18
stard = starboard. which is right incase you don't know.

And I'm glad you can spell. Very well done mate. Your mother must be proud. And thanks for answering the question.

It wasn't a runway change, there were 3 inbounds for 11 directly before the thompson. And the weater was low lying mist. I was on the beach, the META obviously wasn't updated . The weater was clear all day, until the late afternoon as I said, when you get the mist rolling off the sea.