PDA

View Full Version : Substance found at the home of Def Sec!

Could be the last?
29th Apr 2006, 10:43
Substance found during a routine security sweep of minister's house. Claims it must have been there before he moved in......... :ok:

Maple 01
29th Apr 2006, 11:27
Remind me again, do the politicians have to go through random CDT? Do they risk dishonourable discharge if caught?

strek
29th Apr 2006, 11:28
Radio 'reporting' it as cannabis. If it is then his continuing position as SoS for Defence - an organisation that has a zero tolererance culture - would be an interesting proposition.
:E

gas path
29th Apr 2006, 11:46
Cannabis! is that all? I thought that politicians had a penchant for amyll nitrate soaked oranges:p :E

Truck2005
29th Apr 2006, 12:05
According to the BBC not further action/investigation is pending. Is it one rule of us and another of the Politics? If the substance was found in my MQ all hell would be let loose, as SecDef surly the same rules apply, (or should be seen to apply).

Then again, that is me being stupid to believe that all things are equal :mad:

Wycombe
29th Apr 2006, 14:37
Cheer up, look upon it as another nail in the coffin of our beloved Govt :ok:

TEEEJ
29th Apr 2006, 16:12
Substance found during a routine security sweep of minister's house. Claims it must have been there before he moved in......... :ok:

So what happens if you are entirely innocent? The substance was found in a guest bedroom. What about his kids. Any of them at uni and taking part in 'recreational' ganga? What about the family friends? That is all it takes to leave a residue. It could even have been brought in on one of the plods boots from a previous sweep at a pub for example.

insty66
29th Apr 2006, 16:37
Substance found during a routine security sweep of minister's house

So the house wasn't checked when he first moved in then?:ooh:

Or did that sweep miss it?:oh:

Or is he just like the rest of them?:mad:

Navaleye
29th Apr 2006, 17:01
John Reid is the only one of this otherwise bunch of hopeless waisters that I have any time for. A 20yr old lump of puff doesn't seem to be his style.

hoodie
29th Apr 2006, 18:54
John Reid is the only one of this otherwise bunch of hopeless waisters that I have any time for.

Really? Can't say the same (http://www.guardian.co.uk/Northern_Ireland/Story/0,2763,659705,00.html). :hmm: :ugh:

In the international arena, Reid, during his drinking days, fell into bad company in the Balkans with the Bosnian Serb mass-murderer Radovan Karadzic, who tops The Hague's International War Crimes Tribunal list of wanted men. Reid has admitted spending three days in 1993 at a luxury Geneva lakeside hotel as a guest of Karadzic. "He used to talk to Karadzic, he admired Karadzic. He mistook the Bosnian Serb project as the inheritor of the united Communist ideal," says Brendan Simms, a Cambridge academic and author of Unfinest Hour: Britain And The Destruction of Bosnia.

The Nr Fairy
29th Apr 2006, 19:30
For a moment I was thinking they may have found some integrity in the house of a Labour minister . . .

Melchett01
29th Apr 2006, 20:37
For a moment I was thinking they may have found some integrity in the house of a Labour minister

Absolutely priceless :ok: I haven't enjoyed politics so much for such a long time!

What is really distressing is that the opposition seem to be unwilling or unable to capitalise on the tails of woe, incompetence, double standards and general abuse of the country that has become the hallmark of this regime. And yes, I suspect it will be double standards wrt John Reids stash.

I wish my memory were better, I would love to compare what has gone on over that past week or so with what this lot accused the last lot of. Admittedly, the last lot were looking a little ragged around the edges by the end, but what those promises of whiter than white? Time for a whip round for an industrial sized pack of Daz for Downing St?

nutcracker43
30th Apr 2006, 15:15
Re John Reid's supposed misdemeanour, Horace said it first: mountains heave in birth and a silly little mouse is born.

Not a good week for the govt., to be sure.

NC43