PDA

View Full Version : WELL DONE 201...RAF ASW CHAMPIONS

MR TROTTER sr
28th Apr 2006, 20:29
Congratulations to Ade and co of 201 Sqn for winning the Aird Whyte Trophy this year and proving themselves by far the better of the only 2 crews that were entered in the competition. Writing as a member of the opposition who couldn't even find the second submarine:hmm: , i have to admit that the best team won.

You were very lucky to get your hands on the trophy though as we couldnt even find the key to the cabinet :confused:until 15 minutes before the presentation.

Hopefully you guys will be coming over to 120 again to take our Fincastle trophy away in June.

roush
28th Apr 2006, 20:38
Where is Fincastle being held this year?

Ventre A Terre
28th Apr 2006, 21:24
Trotter Sir
Don't be a chimp! We won it fair and square! And and as for the cabinet , it was the wrong trophy (prior preparation and planning etc)... although if you want to offer more? But then again thanks for the beer, shame about the number of yella and green badges present - poor losers?!
All the best Guernsey's Own
BTW Well done Ade et al:ok:

Aynayda Pizaqvick
28th Apr 2006, 22:06
Congratulations on second place though, in face of stiff competition. (oh wait a minute... only two crews?)

gonesurfin
29th Apr 2006, 03:59
'201 Sqn, the finest and best, hic et ubique and f*#k all the rest' etc etc
at least this was the sqn song when I was there. Have the pc brigade stopped this rendition? Anyway, congratulations. I know what you went through!!
Beers.

roush
29th Apr 2006, 04:23
Where is Fincastle being held this year?

Hello....anyone...hello

Guernsey Girl II
29th Apr 2006, 09:15
Put it this way, the det isn't going to put any pressure on JPA.
It's during the last week of JMC and ends the weekend of VPI RDV40!

santiago15
29th Apr 2006, 11:07
Roush,

Kinloss

roush
29th Apr 2006, 15:19
Roush,

Kinloss
Thanks Santiago.

Good luck 201, and good luck to the far more important social crew. Keep that bar open.

buoy15
29th Apr 2006, 16:53
With the present serviceability rate, Guernsey were lucky to get airborne, let alone get a submarine, unless of course, it was all done in the MCT
As an aside - who got the detection?
An old quote
"The function of the Dry Team is to ensure the accurate, safe, and timely arrival of the Wet Team, to the area of possibility"
So, was this all done in the Sim to remove the the element of luck?
Closest a best ever 206 crew got to winning the Aird Whyte,was when walking past the Sim on the way to the Mess - thanks Boss! - can't mention the name - I will get fined a bottle of Port - his 'favourite crew' qualified his choice by pigging it big time!
Love Many, Trust a few, Always paddle your own canoe!:)

DaveyBoy
30th Apr 2006, 09:42
> Writing as a member of the opposition who
> couldn't even find the second submarine

Well, the wet team found the SSN... I blame the dry team if they couldn't find the diesel... ;)

> i have to admit that the best team won.

Hear, hear. They had by far the better-looking Nav 2 for a start. Congratulations Vix and the rest of 201/9... best of luck in June.

Charlie Luncher
30th Apr 2006, 23:09
Did 40 who (R) not put a team forward or was it "flown" on a weekend?

Desparately searching for my patches so I can swap sides as needed:O .

Charlie sends

Zoom
1st May 2006, 10:16
Mr Trotter, you might have come second but the other team only managed second last. Well done.

Radar Riser
1st May 2006, 11:21
Buoy15

Closest a best ever 206 crew got to winning the Aird Whyte,was when walking past the Sim on the way to the Mess.

Oh, really. How about Kinloss 92, Comox 97 and Australia 98, or were they just figments of my imagination! It's not the best squadron that wins the
Aird-Whyte, but the best crew on the day.

Well done 201/9, and best of luck for Fincastle 06.

RR

Navaleye
1st May 2006, 12:34
Great job. Well done. :ok:

roush
1st May 2006, 14:57
Buoy15
How about Australia 98
RR

If you have half as much fun as we did on that det you will really enjoy it.

Congrats 201/9 all those sims are worth it.:ok: