PDA

View Full Version : VS to Orlando...747 only?

NWSRG
28th Apr 2006, 16:08
Folks,

Heading to Florida in October / November...do Virgin only use 747s on this run (ex. Gatwick) or is there a chance a 343 or 346 could be used?

vs69
28th Apr 2006, 17:19
Jumbos only mate, quite a high density route so they need the capacity,although you can never rule it out but i would be surprised if they used anything other than the jumbo.

Leezyjet
28th Apr 2006, 19:31
It's a 744 only on that route. It will never be swapped with an Airbus, as there would be no Airbus flight deck in MCO to bring the a/c back and the Airbusses are all LHR based and don't have the capacity for the average MCO flight.

:)

apaddyinuk
29th Apr 2006, 10:32
Also there are no airbuses in LGW with the exception of the Port Harcourt route!

NWSRG
30th Apr 2006, 20:28
Thanks folks,

So it looks like a 747 then...that's good for me...

Now another question...what's my best chance of getting upgraded from economy to premium economy? (we're going on honeymoon if that helps...)

rolandpull
2nd May 2006, 22:48
I flew out of MIA on the 14 April and they had a 346 on the deck. 4 hours though in the car up to MCO.

agent x
3rd May 2006, 06:28
VS will only upgrade if they are overbooked in Economy, even then it goes off Frequent Flyers first the highest to lowest fares. The best way to ensure an upgrade as previously posted is to pay for it. The majority of airlines my airline included have no time for the 'it's our honeymoon can we have an upgrade please?' line. It's basically down to product protection. Gone are the days where an airline will upgrade you gratis just because the seats in the next class of service are empty, its not in their interest as they are'nt gaining any further revenue...it's all down to £££ these days.

Skipness One Echo
4th May 2006, 14:12
LGW to Port Harcourt stopped in January but you can still see a couple of Virgin A340s on a regular basis flying for er *whispers* Virgin Nigeria. Who are NOT competing with Virgin on London to Lagos even though they don't code share and are two different companies. Such is the Virgin group.

*goes to lie down in a darkened room*:confused: