PDA

View Full Version : Outback Air Race

BlueDiamond
28th Apr 2006, 12:21
Hi everyone ... I’m one of the organisers for the Outback Air Race which will take place in August/September of this year. This is a major fund-raising event for the Royal Flying Doctor Service and is held every two years. We are starting from Alice Springs on August 27th and finishing in Broome on 9th September. We already have several teams registered including one from the RAAF and are nearly set to go but one thing we are short of is a “flying truck.”

We need an aircraft capable of uplifting a minimum of 500 Kilos and because of the high cost of hiring one, which would eat into the fundraising, we are reluctant to go down that road. I would like to know if there is anyone out there who would be prepared to “donate” a suitable aircraft plus their time, and be our “flying truck.” We are prepared to contribute towards your costs during the race and we ask any interested pilots to please get in touch (by email) with either of the following organisers to discuss the terms under which you would be prepared to help … [email protected] or [email protected] either of those people would be delighted to hear from you.

More information about this adventure of a lifetime can be found on our website (http://www.outbackairrace.com.au) ... why not check it out!! Cheers, Bluey.

Ultralights
28th Apr 2006, 12:51
are non VH registered aircraft permitted to enter??

at those cost levels for entry, it will make it attractive to some of the RAAus flyers!!!

BlueDiamond
28th Apr 2006, 13:09
They are indeed permitted, Ultralights. We already have one Jabiru pilot interested and if you email Stuart on the above email address, he will answer all your questions more fully than I can. We'd love to see you there! :ok:

the wizard of auz
28th Apr 2006, 19:36
Daisy still goes and is back on line. dunno about the dates though. ring me and we will chat. ;)