PDA

View Full Version : Halifax Airport Flower Shop

Tonic Please
26th Apr 2006, 21:19
Hi all. I am travelling to Halifax on the 7th May. I am going to need to buy 14 pink and 14 white roses once I leave the plane to present to a special person upon arrival in the terminal.

I need to know if there is a Flower shop AIRSIDE at the terminal (should it matter) which Fly Zoom goes into.

Second, if there is not, can I get required flowers from Gatwick and ask FlyZoom to put them in a tub or something of water for the LGW-YHZ flight???

Thanks guys,

Dan

Buster the Bear
26th Apr 2006, 21:43
Is it April 1st again?

Tonic Please
26th Apr 2006, 22:15
Did I hear something? :hmm:

Rollingthunder
26th Apr 2006, 23:07
No flower shop at Halifax. Ask flower shop at home to try to prepare flowers for travelling - damp wrapping around stem ends and try to find an uncrowded overhead bin. Good luck with that!

Tonic Please
26th Apr 2006, 23:34
So they won't die or go shrivelled if I get them just before leaving Gatwick then.

I guess I'll take them as hand luggage and use bottled water somehow to keep the wrapping damp. No flower expert as you can see.

Is there a flowershop at Gatwick?

Keygrip
27th Apr 2006, 02:05
Shirley you could buy them through InterFlora, or similar, and have them delivered to customs at YHZ - they could prove their authenticity and give them to you as you start to go landsie???????

You've got plenty of time to organise it - if you get on with it.

Tonic Please
27th Apr 2006, 09:13
Great ideas guys. I shall get on those right away.

Who said anything about true love? :O

Tonic Please
27th Apr 2006, 11:08
Ok ok, you caught me red+white handed...

Well, 28 is her favourite number and she loves pink roses and white roses, so 1+1=2 to me!

:ok:

Dushan
28th Apr 2006, 01:50
Tonic,
don't try to bring flowers from overseas into Canada. Agriculture Canada, a government agency will take them away and incenerate them. You will be given a card to fill out, prior to landing, and some of the questions on it are "do you have any plants, food, etc. with you". They have dogs specially trained to detect food and plants.

Try to have them delivered via FTD or some other outfit.

Newforest
28th Apr 2006, 13:05
Tonic,
They have dogs specially trained to detect food and plants.

Yes, but they are very friendly dogs, beagles I believe, found an apple in my bag and a sandwich that an old lady had in her luggage after she had emptied the whole case!

Tonic Please
28th Apr 2006, 13:50
Damn. The comment by dushan is so true. I never thought of that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I guess I'll have to tell her, but inform that I have arranged something else, and have them delivered to our residence that evening.

:) Regards to all.

GwynM
28th Apr 2006, 13:52
I was tryiong to work out which airport was in Halifax - I was thinking Yorkshire, not Canada:uhoh:

Keygrip
28th Apr 2006, 13:54
Aww, tonic - don't give up so easily.

Have you tried the Interflora type idea?

Tonic Please
28th Apr 2006, 13:57
:ouch: I'm not giving up so easily. I suppose I was referring to taking them onboard. Having thought about having the flowers delivered to our house, I begAn to realise that that would probably be better.. At least by that time we'll be settled in after the long drive, we'll have eaten out somewhere and then a nice big ol' bunch of roses to top off (that part of) the evening :E