PDA

View Full Version : Nats

Manchester ATC
26th Apr 2006, 13:22
When did they have a new website designed, and why does it not work. How are you supposed to follow up on things when it's broke.

BDiONU
26th Apr 2006, 14:55
When did they have a new website designed, and why does it not work. How are you supposed to follow up on things when it's broke.
When the company was rebranded a couple of weeks ago. Works OK (http://www.nats.co.uk/) at the moment.

BD

snbower
26th Apr 2006, 15:18
Just been there, every link is dead! Doesn't really instill confidence in NATS :)

BDiONU
26th Apr 2006, 15:29
Just been there, every link is dead! Doesn't really instill confidence in NATS :)
Uuummm NATS don't own the internet ;) Might be down due fault, most WWW pages are not available 24/7, even PPRune!

BD

PPRuNe Radar
26th Apr 2006, 15:59
Working fine here as well :ok:

I'd suggest using one of the many free tools available to 'ping' the site from your location. That will tell if the problem is with NATS or elsewhere.

Gary Lager
26th Apr 2006, 18:01
What an advert for ATCOs everywhere - sometimes Fran Slater talks to 35 aircraft an hour!!

That's just over one every two minutes, NATSstatsfans!

(before anyone accuses me of poking fun at Fran, I am assuming she was misquoted somewhat...);)

Stupendous Man
26th Apr 2006, 18:05
What an advert for ATCOs everywhere - sometimes Fran Slater talks to 35 aircraft an hour!!
(before anyone accuses me of poking fun at Fran, I am assuming she was misquoted somewhat...);)
What makes you think she has been mis-quoted??

BDiONU
26th Apr 2006, 18:28

I suspect that it means she 'works' 35 ac an hour, thats not talking to one ac every 2 minutes. In some sectors that sounds a decent safe and expeditious rate. Some other sectors can work more, say 60 an hour depending on complexity. Some sectors work ac over short distances (complexity again) some handle them for hundreds of miles. So you could work a lot of ac but you only have them on your sector for a short time, or you could have them on your sector for a long time so you appear to work fewer ac but in fact you could be working the same number of ac in the same time period as a sector which appears to be moving more ac based on throughput.
Sorry if thats a complex explanation but the numbers game doesn't really explain how hard a controller is working.

BD

Gonzo
26th Apr 2006, 18:53
Gary Lager, perhaps we could get you in to the TC sim and put you on Biggin and see if you can handle 35/60....maybe Fran might like to be your mentor on that occaison! :E

SilentHandover
26th Apr 2006, 19:03
Any fool can do 35/60 on the Sim Gonzo, hell I even did about 80 whilst training blippies, it's just that every other transmission was 'kill that one, ooops and that one' a phrase which unfortunately cannot be used in real life!!

Flybywyre
26th Apr 2006, 20:07
As unbelieveable as it sounds it is SERCO that runs NATS IT system and it is them that will fix it when it goes wrong. They will also deal with any other problems you encounter should you call the help line :8

Dances with Boffins
28th Apr 2006, 13:10
Well I asked them to fix the washer on my kitchen sink tap, and they didn't. Bloody Serco!

eyeinthesky
28th Apr 2006, 13:54
"Well I asked them to fix the washer on my kitchen sink tap, and they didn't. Bloody Serco!"

HUH?

Can't you do that yourself??:O

wilbur.wright
28th Apr 2006, 15:04
I'm concerned that you are finding the NATS website unavailable at times. It would greatly help us to follow this up if you could let us know when. If possible, by email to: [email protected].
Many thanks,
WILBUR

Flybywyre
28th Apr 2006, 19:06
Wilbur..........
Have I got this right ??
You give an address of the NATS press office yet you are seemingly unaware of any problems with the NATS website apart from what you read on a public forum ????
Please tell me I have got it wrong :oh:
FBW

Manchester ATC
1st May 2006, 22:18
I'm concerned that you are finding the NATS website unavailable at times. It would greatly help us to follow this up if you could let us know when. If possible, by email to: [email protected].
Many thanks,
WILBUR

I tried to e-mail nats but e-mail bounced as site was not running.

Gonzo
1st May 2006, 22:34
I was under the impression that the NATS email system worked independently of the website.

I assmue (perhaps wrongly) with a name like 'Manchester ATC' you work for NATS. There have been some periods recently when the intranet, and thence the email system, has been offline.

wilbur.wright
2nd May 2006, 09:46
FBW: I've checked/used the NATS website most days, so far without a problem. If you've experienced difficulties please let us know so we can follow it up - as per my original request. Thank you.

Forgot to mention that the site hosting company is supposed to notify us of any downtime, but hasn't - so we're following that up already.

WILBUR