PDA

View Full Version : Copenhagen, which terminal?

Flock1
25th Apr 2006, 19:46
I'm flying to Tallinn from Manchester, via Copenhagen. first leg is SAS. Anyone know which terminal they land at Kastrup? It's just that the second leg (with Estonia Air) goes from T3. It would help if I didn't have to bother with moving around terminals.

So basically, will I land at T3?

Cheers

san diego
25th Apr 2006, 20:17
You are in luck, T3 is SAS's main terminal for operations together with a few local airlinks and passing through Copenhagen last weekend, looked an easy transfer, although some report the need to go through passport control on arrival and departure even for those merely transfering

Red Snake
26th Apr 2006, 08:52
CPH is easy to transit through. Once airside, everything is together. You'll go through passport control if Schengen to non-Schengen or vice versa, but it's easy.

CPH domestic is a separate terminal, but you won't be using that MAN-Tallin.

The only real difference between terminal 2 & 3 is at check-in & even they're quite close together.

Flock1
26th Apr 2006, 15:19
Cheers guys,

Sounds like it will all be easy and straighforward then.

Flock

LuckyStrike
13th May 2006, 11:36
I'm glad I found this, I am gonna travel to CPH from IAD then I have to catch a plane to MUC. Says end of check-in for my MUC flight is 7:55am, I am landing to CPH at 7:25AM. Do you think I'll be able to make it? I have another flight later on from MUC that has only 35mins between arrival and departure, will it be pure luck if I catch that one? I have the feeling that I'm gonna miss it :\

radeng
13th May 2006, 14:17
Lucky,

I guess you've a good chance of being unlucky. Depends on how long immigration and customs take, too.

BRUpax
13th May 2006, 15:01
LuckyStrike, which airline are you arriving CPH on and which airline are you flying to MUC with? If they have an interline agreement, you (and your bags) will be checked all the way through. If on the other hand you have to retrieve bags and check in again, I fear that 30 mins won't be enough.

LuckyStrike
13th May 2006, 19:14
Thanks for all the replies;

I am flying with SAS then transfer to Lufthansa, so all are Star Alliance members basically. I guess I will have my luggage checked all the way to the final destination. The thing I am wondering is will I have to go thru the Customs even if I am a transit pax? That didn't really make sense at all but every country has different practices I guess :rolleyes:

PS: I will be flying outside Germany so I am sure I won't go thru customs in MUC but not so sure about CPH...

BRUpax
14th May 2006, 10:48
You will be checked-in all the way through and will receive your CPH-MUC boarding pass when you check-in at IAD. As Denmark and Germany are part of the Schengen countries you will have to go thru passport control in CPH and then proceed directly to your gate. Customs inspection will be at MUC (they can tell by your color coded baggage tags where you originated from).

radeng
14th May 2006, 14:54
The real dodgy points are:
1. will you be in on time
2. how long does the immigration check take
I would have thought 30 minutes dodgy, BUT you might be lucky and have an early arrival and end up kicking your heels.
Good luck: let us know if it worked out after the event!

LuckyStrike
14th May 2006, 16:06
Thanks for all the help, I sure will let you know about the outcome next week sometime...:)

radeng
15th May 2006, 08:26
Slightly off topic, but NEVER trust a travel agent on connections. A colleague of mine recently flew LHR-PHX connecting to SAN. The travel agent booked a connection in Phoenix allowing one hour. In which to get through US immigration, get bags off carousel, traverse customs (admittedly, usually very fast), recheck bags, and travel a good half mile from one end of the airport to the other. Of course, he didn't make it.....

BRUpax
15th May 2006, 09:04
Quite right radeng. Too many travel agents haven't got a clue about what a connection involves when inbound to the USA. It's of course vary variable depending on day, time and airport, but I usually give myself a minimum of 3 hours (4 for JFK).

radeng
15th May 2006, 16:02
BRUpax,
I'm allowing about 20 hours later this week! From experience, late afternoon commuter flights in the mid West often get major wx problems this time of year, so I'm flying to ORD Wednesday, overnighting and on to DAY Thursday morning.
That is arguably a little excessive.......

LuckyStrike
3rd Jun 2006, 22:41
Well here is the follow up (returned yesterday and it was a nice trip overall):
IAD-CPH with a SAS A330, it was such a pleasure to be in that plane basically. Personal entertainment systems were top class and I wished the flight was much longer... The cameras they installed on the lower body and front gear gave quite good pictures and the landing in fog was magnificent after a GA. A joke from the captain followed the landing, he told they managed to land the plane in the second try because auto-pilot did it instead of them which caused a great laughter in the cabin, not to forget that a full explanation of the GA was given after initiating it.:ok: The crew were all very professional and friendly so overall I really enjoyed the flight and will definitely fly with them again if I have the chance.

Okay, now for the ultimate question of catching planes, I guess my name proves how lucky I am; I made it to all flights even had time for a snack in CPH thanks to the bad weather :E

Lufthansa is, as always, adequate; you get what you pay for basically...