PDA

View Full Version : CX North American Benefits

mayday911
25th Apr 2006, 16:30
This has probably been covered somewhere on here, but I couldn't find it.

Could someone shed some light on what the health insurance benefits are like for NA based pilots. Cost for employee+spouse and child? Waiting period after join date to enroll? HMO v. PPO?

I believe during the 2nd interview someone indicated that it the insurance was through United Healthcare, that is the only thing that I can remember.

Thanks All,

Mayday
Can't wait until the end of June!!!

CaptainGSR
29th Apr 2006, 17:31
Not to highjack this thread, but I am also very interested in finding out more about how you get paid in the USA!

What is being taken out of your pay check? I am pretty sure you have to pay state and city taxes, but do you also get double-taxed by Hong Kong and the federal government?

Is federal income tax any different for Anchorage?

Could anybody shed some light?

Sincerely,

DL_Infidel
30th Apr 2006, 01:08
Just returned from Phase 2. Cigna, PPO....100% coverage, no co-pays. I believe coverage begins on DOJ. No dental.
You're employed by CX through USA Basing Limited. CX doesn't get involved with state/city taxes...your responsibility (doesn't come out of your paycheck). It was explained to us that HK gets it's 16% and the US gov't gets its cut too. However, there is a tax treaty with the US, so the gov't gets the difference. Say if you normally pay 30% in Fed taxes, the IRS gets 14%...not 16% + 30%.
On a side note, if ANC is what you want, you will get it.
Our group interviewed April 26-27...should find out the results next Wed night.
Good luck!

CaptainGSR
30th Apr 2006, 02:21
Thank you for the info.

Sincerely,