PDA

View Full Version : RAF VR(T) Selection Boards

asbit1
25th Apr 2006, 12:35
Hi, I'm new to this, so please excuse me. My son is a Leading cadet in local Sqdn and I have been attending ATC as a part-time CI - work committments sometimes preventing me from attending. I have very limited service knowledge (only what I have gauged from son and Sqdn). I want to do more for the Sqdn and ATC as a whole so have decided to put myself forward as a Plt Officer in the RAF VR(T). Whilst I am sure I will get information from CO, I need more information on what is required to pass the Wing and Region boards and a good supply of information. Can anybody help and just where do I start from - AP and ACP's ?

:) or :{

mgdaviso
25th Apr 2006, 14:14
asbit1 suggest you pop over to www.aircadetcentral.net (www.aircadetcentral.net/forums) where you will find a wealth of information and friendly advice.
It's a long time since I did my VR(T) board, but there are some n00b officers, and indeed some candidates going through the "process" who I am sure will answer any questions you may have.
Oh, and good luck.

Professor Plum
25th Apr 2006, 18:57
If I remember correctly, there was another thread on the same (or similar) subject which recieved a number of replies.

Do a search, and I'm sure you'll find it, (and others).

Crashed&Burned
25th Apr 2006, 18:59
If you can walk, talk and chew gum simultaneously, you'll pass any ATC board.

6foottanker
25th Apr 2006, 21:55
aaah, but only if you've managed to get stores to issue you with the gum, thus displaying ingenuity!:hmm: