PDA

View Full Version : RYANAIR - 737 800 GO-AROUND DUB LAST NIGHT

DUB-GREG
24th Apr 2006, 09:48
Anyone see it?

Around 11:06PM. Didnt have my scanner with me so didnt know what happend.

Any ideas. Very un-usual to see any sort of a go-around at dublin.

Regards,
Greg

unfazed
24th Apr 2006, 09:55
How about - did not have visual references required at decision height so flew missed approach !:E

Flame
24th Apr 2006, 10:01
DUB-GREG;

Although I was not aware of this go around last night...I can tell you that G0-Arounds are more common at DUB than you think. Yesterday afternoon at approx 1530 EI and FR did one each directly after each other.

these can be caused by many factors, ranging from traffic to hares on the runway and everything in between;) ..its not always the pilots fault

Cavallier
24th Apr 2006, 10:06
Or how about he wasnt stable on final approach.............

1DC
24th Apr 2006, 10:31
Just out of interest can anyone put a figure on the cost of a go around?
In MEL last month i watched a private jet land and then roll the full length of the runway cos that was the end of the airport he wanted to be at. This seemed to be the reason for the Qantas A330, following behind,having to go around, i wondered what the cost of that would have been.....

BOAC
24th Apr 2006, 10:54
Dub-Greg - that should be enough 'possibilities' for you, but I will leave this thread open a while longer in case anyone actually knows the answer to your question.

DUB-GREG
24th Apr 2006, 11:13
fantastic!

Yea keep it open please. Maybe the auctual pilots look at this forum and could tell us?

Just a hunch?

Rainboe
24th Apr 2006, 12:03
A go-around would result in a circuit of about 8-10 minutes to landing. Disregarding extra climb fuel to 1500' because you'll be descending again, for a 737 I would think about 200-400 kgs max plus aeroplane time. Gas used to be $200/1000kgs, now maybe $300, so you would be looking at roundabout $100 fuel plus fixed aeroplane cost, not more than 150-200 pounds total? (all figures open to disagreement- just back of envelope figures).

BOAC
24th Apr 2006, 12:22
OK, DG, but not for long! You have most of the answers and can do a little work yourself!

This I posted in December, and applies to you now.

PPP and I are keen to help those with little aviation knowledge to acquire more - that is partly the 'raison-d'etre' of this forum. So, here to help you is something to occupy you during the Christmas break, as it is good that people learn to help themselves a bit in this life.

Go to the PPRune 'Search' link

type in the following (one at a time):-

'goround'
'go-around'
'aborted landing'
'overshoot'
'missed approach'

select 'Spectators balcony' for the search and have a look at all the threads about aeroplanes that break off their approach.

You asked: "anyone know why?". The short answer is, yes, a few do. The crew, the passengers, ATC, the airline management and possibly the CAA or FAA - and now the thread readers - and you - know about this one as well.

I am going to close this thread now, but when you have looked at the threads, if you still have a question or two - even after 'away from home' told you about this one - please PM me or PPP and we might re-open the thread for you to ask, or just give you the answer.

DUB-GREG
24th Apr 2006, 15:17
Im actually familiar with the procedure as i fly privately. But my question was directly in relation to last nights incident.

Often as it may happen in DUB, this was the first time i seen one in about 2 years (at dub).

Flame: Id say it was fantasic to see an airlingus followed by ryanair one after the other! Thanks for you comments.

Regards
DG.

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
24th Apr 2006, 17:01
Airports charge aircraft operators landing fees - so do operators get charged twice if they go around?

Or does it depend if it is deemed to be the aircraft operator's "fault" rather than slow traffic ahead or an airport ops decision?

Joetom
24th Apr 2006, 17:43
May be the FAA can tell us if the go around was ok or not.???

Topcover
24th Apr 2006, 17:44
"AWR" -----landing fee only charged if the aircraft lands !!