PDA

View Full Version : VLM interview?

Aerofoil
24th Apr 2006, 06:30
Hi all,

Was just wondering if there is anyone who knows what is involved with VLM's pilot interviews? Tech questions? Psychometric tests? One on one interview etc

Many thanks,

Foil

Aerofoil
24th Apr 2006, 15:07
Does anyone have an idea?

Regards

Foil

Mr Wonka
24th Apr 2006, 17:49
There was a post before about VLM. So try a quick search.

The company seems to part with information about you, to a company called pickamic (or somthing like that) they contact you asking if you wish to go through there scheme. They charge 1500 euro to put you through a number of various tests like psychometric, etc.

But if you have already been selected by VLM then best of luck and hope all goes well.

Mr W

:ok:

winch launch
24th Apr 2006, 18:16
VLM goes through picamas?

By the way, do you need to be fluent in dutch for VLM?

Regards

despegue
24th Apr 2006, 19:01
No, you have to speak DUTCH!

redflyer
24th Apr 2006, 19:13
You don't need to be able to speak dutch. A mate of mine operates out of MAN for VLM and he can't speak dutch.

Aerofoil
24th Apr 2006, 21:15
Well as far as i am aware the company is Belgian. Anyway does anyone have any info on what they ask in the interview and whether you have tech questions, psychometric tests etc?

regards

Foil

TwoDeadDogs
25th Apr 2006, 23:00
Hi there
How much are they charging you for the Type? I hope it's not the E45K that's bandied about on some sites.
regards
TDD:bored:

zooloflyer
26th Apr 2006, 07:41
Yeah, had the same question in mind - what's the conditions for wannabes? Paying, bonding??

Denim (DNM:rolleyes: ) would be quite the same story as the (private) shareholder is the same - owning 30 F50's for the moment.

Heard some stuff about experienced FO's earning less than 1300€/month - belgian taxes deducted...

TwoDeadDogs
26th Apr 2006, 19:04
Hi all
I got a jumpseat to Sligo not so long ago and the F50 was a Denim Air hire in.Both pilots had coughed up the E45K for the Type and were not earning huge money.The Arran guys were earning more, which was why some of the Denim/VLM guys had jumped ship,forked out for the ATR rating and were fulltimers for RE. They were both graduates of the Dutch NLS school and the Government had funded that and they had walked straight into Denim Air out of school.Either way, I regard E45K for a Type on a semi-obsolete aircraft as an out-and-out scam.Anyone paying it is daft.
regards
TDD

Bodie
26th Apr 2006, 21:11
Anyone reading the replies above can take it on good authority that almost nothing mentioned is true whatsoever.

zooloflyer
26th Apr 2006, 21:20
Sorry Bodie - the 1300€ and huge bonding are a sad sad reality...double checked it today!

MD12
27th Apr 2006, 00:22
Then you better triple check. That is not true in ref to Denim Air.

Regards,

MD

TwoDeadDogs
27th Apr 2006, 13:13
Well then
Bodie and MD12, if you know better, don't let rumour get in the way of cold,hard fact.Feel free to post the facts!
regards
TDD

MD12
27th Apr 2006, 14:25
Get a call for an interview and they will tell you. Who did you double-check it with?

Best regards,

MD

zooloflyer
27th Apr 2006, 16:59
FO at VLM, Denim may be different - they made an agreement not to take over (steel) their TR pilots from eachother - so if pilots with F50 TR want to change from DNM to VLM or the other way around, there must also be a good reason. Although shareholder is the same; management and policy may be completely different.

Actually what is your view on the VLM deal if you're so sure that I'm completely wrong??