PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone hiring?

Aerofoil
23rd Apr 2006, 05:47
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any small operators who are looking for pilots at the moment? By small operators i mean single/twin pistons or small turbines (king-air, Cheyenne) either air taxi, parachute dropping, aerial photography etc. It would have to be either Aerial work, as i don't have single pilots hours yet, or a multi crew operation.

I have 300hours, 21 yrs old, frozen ATPL and i am willing to relocate.

Many Thanks

Foil

winch launch
23rd Apr 2006, 08:40
parachute dropping has recently been discussed in this forum.

Give a call to all dropzones where you are ready to go and see what they say.
Aim for piston first. It' s a bit late as the season has already started but paradrop pilots move on so worth a try.

winch

portsharbourflyer
23rd Apr 2006, 08:43
The small turbine types you mentioned are both single crew rated aircraft, therefore as a general rule the only job you could get on these multi crew is as a pilots assistant, good experience to get but not loggable flight time. Occasionally there are companies that operate these on a multi crew AOC, but in this instance you will probably find a higher hours requirement.

Some companies do allow the pa to handle the aircraft on the "dead legs" to build time, but to log that time you would still need a type rating for the turbine type( unless the captain is a type rating instructor).

scroggs
23rd Apr 2006, 12:42
You may not advertise in these forums. That prohibition includes advertising yourself.

Scroggs