PDA

View Full Version : SOP A320 Airfrance

Flying brick
22nd Apr 2006, 12:30
Hello,

I have to go to simulator of A320 of airfrance for an evaluation. I have never seen an A320 before. I am looking for the SOP's for normal flight procedures. They won't expect us to know the airplane systems but I would like some info on it.thanks:ok:

ATCO Two
22nd Apr 2006, 16:50
Air France SOPs. Land, dawdle on the runway, cause a go around, shrug their shoulders....

Flying brick
22nd Apr 2006, 17:22
I can do that. No problem:\

french clover
22nd Apr 2006, 20:12
And land in a thunderstorm with VREF+40,especially if you're bound to Toronto or
Douala.Don't worry the french taxpayers foot the bill!

RoyHudd
22nd Apr 2006, 21:22
Not much help from the colleagues, I'm afraid. Try Airbus on-line, their SOP's should be similar to AF's, I expect. And bonne courage!

FougaMagister
23rd Apr 2006, 01:45
RoyHudd - we say "BON courage" in French. Good try though!

french clover - while some AF landings might indeed have been less than impressive SOPs-wise, I can't see how the French taxpayer can foot the bill since AF is no longer State-owned (since the AF-KLM capital and shares swap, the French State is now a minority shareholder). Any hull damage is for the company's bottom line...

Cheers :cool:

ratarsedagain
23rd Apr 2006, 09:15
Air France SOPs. Land, dawdle on the runway, cause a go around, shrug their shoulders....

Spot on! last 2 G/A's i've done at LHR caused by exactly that!

winch launch
23rd Apr 2006, 12:12
a simulator evaluation for AF?
Are you buying a type rating with them?

Note that all their SOP's are in french. If you have a friend that did his training at EPAG (Air france cadets FTO) borrow his EPAG manuals. They look similar to AF SOP's.

Good Luck

Flying brick
23rd Apr 2006, 12:42
No, not buying a typerating. It is just a thing for the quality control of our company, but the thing is that I have never been in an Airbus.:uhoh:

ATCO Two
23rd Apr 2006, 22:02
Air France SOPs Part 2. Ignore assigned speed to 4 DME, do your own thing, aircraft behind catches up, aircraft behind has to be broken off ILS and repositioned, shrug shoulders, land, dawdle on the runway. cause another go around, shrug shoulders....

ATCO Two
23rd Apr 2006, 22:07
Air France SOPs Part 3. Push back without clearance, block cul-de-sac, delay other aircraft on tight slots, shrug shoulders, in daylight taxy at snail's pace further delaying aircraft on tight slots, shrug shoulders... at night taxy like lightning, ignore red stop bars, shrug shoulders etc. etc....